1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What model Lambo is this?

Discussion in 'General' started by BSA43, Apr 14, 2018.

1. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Probably MP4-12C. They've had spotty reliability. Electronics. Bills can be frightening.

Speed is GT4 on cocaine, though. Squared. +10.

2. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

I suspect they are all fun as hell to drive but unfortunately on occasion you have to see them from the outside. The McLarens are no different. I'm just not a fan of them.

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Ah, thank you. That's the nice thing about the Porsche GT4, Porsche's are probably the most reliable.....almost exotic.

4. Venom51

The Porsche is also likely to still be able to be serviced in 20 years. I am very skeptical of the low production whiz bang electrical wonders currently being produced to separate wealthy folks from their dollars.

418 and Boman Forklift like this.
  5. Boman Forklift

All the electronics on cars now-a-days that will fail eventually is a pretty good reason to get something older. I was watching an auction on bringatrailer.com of an old 930 turbo like I used to own, except it wasn't a slant nose and I actually like the stock nose better now. Tyler was asking me how reliable they are and I said those motors can go couple hundred thousand miles with only valve jobs.

The only problem with them that I remember is oil leaks, and a transmission that feels like it came out of a truck. Plus the propensity for snap oversteer if you let off the gas while going through a corner. Had that happen to me once in the rain, fortunately, it was an exit ramp on a freeway and I just agro'd it down a hill and back up, luckily missing a tree. I don't think there were any guard rails, or if there were I was in a part of the corner that didn't have them.

6. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

7. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Excellent information just landed in your inbox.

Boman Forklift likes this.
  8. Johnny B

Johnny B Cone Rights Activist

Where do the groceries go?

9. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

In the wife's Subaru so she can quickly make a sammich

Repo Man 32 likes this.
  10. Torn7th

Torn7th Well-Known Member

Ill go way left field here but, I still love the 928 GTS. It's the odd ball V-8 Porsche lol but I have always loved the look of it. I also love the 944 Turbo body style. Clean lines etc. Just my opinion but, to me they were and still are some of the better looking Porsche's

11. Phl218

Phl218 .

The 944 has another advantage. (That’s german 0,5 l cases) :D :timeforabeer:

Attached Files:

Torn7th likes this.
  12. Boman Forklift

Thank you. Will check it out in a bit.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It was always too bubble looking for me even though it was pretty amazing to drive. 944 Turbo wasn't bad.

14. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Buddy of mine is just finishing up a project car. Retro-fitting his old Corvair body on a Porsche chassis with Porsche drivetrain. I don’t recall the specific year/model, but I think it’s gonna be hella-fun.

Dammit ... file is too large to post the pic.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  15. HPPT

HPPT !!!

In the 1980s, Franco Sbarro made a VW GTI based on a Porsche 928 chassis and drivetrain. With gullwing doors, if I remember correctly. No idea how many they sold.

16. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

You out your damn mind

pscook likes this.
  17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I love rich people. The owner just parked it in a random spot, and one that has cars that can park on all sides of the car. Here I am in my little Golf trying to find a place where no one else would park to me.

Here's a McLaren 720S at Shake Shack a month ago
    26728686098_882cd78756_b.jpg

TurboBlew likes this.
  18. rk97

rk97 Well-Known Member

YouTube has really turned me OFF to supercars.

Watching people who own them give a real-world perspective about living with them is as close as I need to get. It seems like everyone who owns a supercar hates it a little bit. Falling in love with the IDEA of a supercar is easy. Living with one is hard. If you want a $300,000 toy to garage 350 days a year and take to car shows, then supercars are for you. If you want something that you'll actually enjoy driving, and won't feel the need to protect and baby to an obnoxious degree, then there are a ton of fun options at much lower price points.

Maybe I'm just convincing myself it's okay to not be ultra-wealthy, but I think I would sincerely enjoy a fun sleeper car more than a hyperexotic. Or maybe I'm just turning into my dad, and lusting after the cars I thought were cool in middle school, instead of the newest, shiniest toy.

KneeDragger_c69 likes this.
  19. Venom51

That's a given but the car is still not my personal preference. It's not fugly like the Bugatti stuff but I just don't like them.

20. Venom51

No you have the right perspective.