1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is this set up worth? welder

Discussion in 'General' started by bugeye, Dec 9, 2018.

1. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

ESAB multi master 240 volt welder, brand new mig, tig, arc, digital setting with tanks and extras, used once
    Thanks

2. condon66

condon66 Member well known

Three fiddy, of course.

Britt likes this.
  3. tawzx12r

tawzx12r Influencer to none

50% of new would be a good deal.

4. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Buy Low/Sell High

(Not seen a MultiMaster 240)

5. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Are you buying or selling?

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

I am not sure but arent the Multimasters several years old...ie not made in 5-10years? I assume this is a multimaster 260, 240V 1phase.
    If it has leads. guns (TIG, MIG) 2 bottles, etc and is in good shape ~$1500-1800 would be a decent price. Lower than that and its a smoking deal.

7. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

Buying and i think its a Multimaster 260

8. bugeye

bugeye Well-Known Member

Thank you

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

If it is all there and a 260.. in as good as shape as indicated.. 2-2250 would still be a good investment in equipment.

10. Phl218

Phl218 .

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

OK, time to dirty up this thread since he got his answers. :D

I KNOW, HF welders definitely sucked in the past but they have a new line up that is kinda interesting AND they seem to be getting great reviews.....the one I'm mildly interested in is one of their multi-process welders. The one called the Titanium 200 = $700, includes a mig gun, electrode holder and tig torch.

Thoughts???
    [​IMG]

12. ChemGuy

XFBO likes this.
  13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I was interested in that one too until I saw it didn't include the tig torch.

14. ChemGuy

Yeah. The Omnipro is a little more money, but its really good. I almost bought one a few months ago but i found a deal on a nice dual voltage Hobart.

Look at the web for reviews on the Omnipro. There was one where a guy ran it on full power nonstop for a long time. Never skipped a beat.

It looks like the new Titanium line is the mid grade and the vulcans are their top of the line units.

If you can swing a little more $$$ get a vulcan unit. IMO.

XFBO likes this.
  15. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

When I was looking I was directed towards the Everlast welders. I thought about getting a multiprocess but decided I could do everything I wanted with stick or TIG (once I figured out TIG...) so I picked up a PowerTIG 185DV and am really happy with it so far. Now that I can actually lay an OK bead with TIG I am glad I went this direction.

No matter what you do, do not try to "save" money on the cheap Amazon / EBay gas lens kits. You will be amazed at how much better results you will get with quality gas lenses / collet holders.

16. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

sometimes i wish my welder was 24 lbs.. mine is close to 500 lbs

Phl218 likes this.
  17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

I am sure adding the name Titanium has made it top of the line. :D

Britt, XFBO and Phl218 like this.
  18. If you’re feeling cheap either buy used blue or red. I know @Britt is a red guy, I’m a blue guy but either one is going to achieve what you’re doing. Everlast is a good option if you’re not looking for finite features and you’re just starting out, see @crashman post, he sent me a lot of welders but ended up settling on that one and it’s working well (reliable) for getting him up to speed. I would steer far away from those Harbor Frieght welders, their warranties, support are not something they’re known for and definitely not something I would recommend. What’s the lowest HF start amps on the harbor freight welder? That’ll tell you a lot about the quality of the machine itself.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

WRONGO....Blue Guy....:)

I always suggest buying a good Quality Used Welder and guys always shy away from it like somehow it is going to be a bad experience...its like buying a used bike...pick one that has been taken care of and you're good...My Daily Driver is a USED 300Dynasty..got it complete 8-1/2 yrs ago for $3500 ...I have ran it everyday since...reckon it has paid for it's self yet??

20. Sorry I was thinking about your political preference. :crackup::crackup::crackup: I keed I keed :Poke:

pfhenry and Britt like this.