1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is the best place for Sharkskinz?

Discussion in 'General' started by the50ho, May 28, 2006.

1. the50ho

the50ho Well-Known Member

Hey there...new to the board, and like it a lot already! :up:

I've just had a set of plastics destroyed by UPS, and am looking to replace them. Hoping I can be pointed in the right direction for a good price on sharkskinz for an 04 gsxr1000.

Thanks much in advance!

2. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

Do they have to be Skinz?

3. the50ho

No, I've just dealt with them on other bikes and liked them.

My crushed set were godfather...but...to be honest, they seemed to be shit anyway, so the UPS thing wasn't half bad I guess....

I'm most definately open to suggestions.

Thanks!

4. G Dawg

G Dawg Broken Member

I deal with several bodywork compaines. We're sponsored by Cheetah, so I like to give them as much business as possible. I can't give you any info until Tuesday. If you click the blue link below, you can get my contact info:up:

5. Clay

Clay Well-Known Member

Contact [email protected] He can get Sharkskinz and GP Composites. I guarantee you he's got some of the best prices on the 'net. If nothing else, give him a try. He's a startup and he's looking to make his name known to the racers out there! :)

6. STT-Rider

STT-Rider Well-Known Member

Skinz is good stuff for sure. Howerver, if you're looking to switch and save some coin, Brian at sportbiketrackgear.com does HotBodies for $475 delivered to your door.

7. f3joel

f3joel Well-Known Member

i got pretty good prices from parts411.com they had good service too.

8. Hammer 4

Hammer 4 Can't Touch This

9. owndjoo

owndjoo muthapucka

hotbodies all the way. support wera sponsors!

10. the50ho

Sounds great guys. Let me ask this...I've heard very mixed opinions on hotbodies. Horrible things from some, good things from others. Talking with Jeff Tigert (AFM) today about them on his hondas. The 600s were horrible...while the 1000 they just did was perfect.

Any words on that? I know Hotbodies can be had for damn near half the cost of Skinz....but quality and fit are important as well.

Thanks again...you guys are awesome.

11. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

well if you have an 05 R6 stay away from Hotbodies. buddy just got a set and the fitment is crap. of course this isn't the first time I've heard about this for the R6 or any other bike.

12. Sixx22

Sixx22 Well-Known Member

yea, I never had much luck with Hotbodies.Godfather or Sharks.