1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is last Track Day in SE region

Discussion in 'Track Days' started by redciv1, Sep 28, 2009.

1. redciv1

redciv1 Well-Known Member

Trying to get gear and bike ready for 1 track day this year and wanted to know the last track day in the SE region. I promised myself at least one this year.

2. 2Fer

2Fer Is good

December 28 at Jennings GP.

3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Here is STT's Late in the year...

OCTOBER

24 & 25 Barber Motorsports Park - Leeds, AL

NOVEMBER

7 & 8 Talladega GP – Munford, AL
    21 & 22 Carolina Motorsports Park – Kershaw, SC

DECEMBER

5 & 6 Jennings GP – Jennings, FL All-in-2

4. Josh Whitehead

Josh Whitehead Crash Test Dummy

CMP - Turn one track day Nov 14-15
    Ed Bargy Tally Track day Dec 5-6

5. Fuzzy317

Fuzzy317 a Crash Truck near you

A calendar of southeast motorcycle races and track days is in my signature.

6. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

WOW. This sounds just like me:wow: I'm also trying to make at least one track day this year, on a bike I've been trying to get ready for awhile now. I noticed the Barber dates are sold out, so I'm going to try and make it to CMP in Nov. I hope this is a good track for someone that hasn't ridden that much lately on a bike that's probably way too fast to be starting back out on! Not quite sure what class I want to try either? I was also hoping for Bluegrass, but that'll wait....actually I think they are waiting on me to get ready, that's been the real hold up! I'm sorry I'm so slow! Well good luck on your adventure to the track, I know I'll need it.

7. Fuzzy317

IMO on a big/fast bike CMP might be better than Barber. Turns at Barber are tighter, and you can't really get a big bike to show what it can do.

8. oldmonk

oldmonk Just trying something!

That sounds kind of good, but I'm not sure I want to know what the bike can actually do! The bike is more than capable, it's the rider I'm worried about :(
    Is the track surface good at CMP? These Mid-Ohio stories are scaring the shit out of me. I've ridden Mid-Ohio twice and loved it, but that was well over 12 years ago. Rode the full course at VIR about two years ago and like it a ton also. Any comparisons :confused: Thanks.

9. Fuzzy317

I haven't been to CMP in years, so I can't tell you of the surface.

10. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

NESBA shows Road Atlanta Dec 11-13. Personally I think this is going to continue being a cold year and December days could get interesting :eek:

11. redciv1

Thanks for the info. Considering I was just up at Road Atlanta this past weekend for the Petit Lemans, I would love to do a track day there. I will definitely be in the Newbie crowd on my Kat6.

12. redciv1

I really like the calendar Fuzzy.

13. Teuton

Teuton Well-Known Member

CMP is rough on tires. I run Power Race Mediums at CMP and the right side is completly toast after one day

14. NESBA Parts Whore

NESBA Parts Whore Active Member

NESBA will be at Barber on November 7th and 8th, and as sheepofblue said Nesba will be at Road Atlanta on Dec 11th, 12th, and 13th.

Information on those dates can be found here: http://www.nesba.com/Info/TrackEvents.htm

15. jonepain

jonepain New Member

I know you were just having fun.Hey, it want be the first time I've gotten sarcastic remarks from faceless people.Take care and God Bless.CMP is rough on tires.I run Power Race Mediums at CMP and the right side is completely toast after one day.

16. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Wow! spammers are a damn trip.

17. speedfree

speedfree not so slow as all that..

didn't see this thread 'til it was spammed back to the top.
    just want to say THANKS sheepofblue for the JINX. it was indeed COLD.
    but damn we had a good time!