1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Insurance Company...

Discussion in 'General' started by speedyralph, Jan 14, 2010.

1. speedyralph

speedyralph Well-Known Member

Whats up guys!

My Toy Hauler is currently insured with Geico, but my three race bikes, couple scooters, and golf carts aren't. What Ins. companies should I look into to get all my stuff insured?

Thanks!

2. bloodso

bloodso Well-Known Member

I carry comprehensive on my dirt bike, supermoto and road race bike with State Farm. I'm just carrying it for theft only. I think it costs me around $200/year for all the bikes.

3. speedyralph

Big help, thanks a lot!

4. Garyb425

Garyb425 Well-Known Member

I think GEICO does off-road stuff too. They did years ago.

5. speedyralph

The regular insurance companies insure cash value for the motorcycle at the time of a total loss or theft etc.. and up to $2000 in extra modifications. If more insurance is required you must find a ins. company to insure stated value, and that's hard to find. So far, Foremost has been the only insurance to insure $5000 over cash value, but don't tell them that the bike is involved in competitions, lol!

6. Resident Plarp

Resident Plarp drittsekkmanufacturing.com

USAA recently relaxed their membership requirements. Used to require that you served active duty &etc. Great service and the most reasonable rates I've come across.

Check 'em out at www.usaa.com to see if you qualify.

7. Cannoli

Cannoli Typical Uccio

Anything motorcycle related is sent to Progressive. For comparison, I asked them what it would cost to insure a 2002 Ducati 998 Mono. Brand new I was paying $400 a year with USAA, now with progressive that would cost me well over $1100 and I have a clean record and am 35. Progressive is a joke

8. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

my State Farm agent told me that if they found out they were insuring a race bike they would drop me like a fly..........

:confused:

9. speedyralph

Thanks for the info guys! I'll be sure to check out USAA company.

10. bloodso

I could understand that if medical or collision was used on a race bike without them knowing. My agent knows I have a race bike and am just insuring it for theft.

11. speedyralph

What company are you insuring your race bike with? Are they paying you "Cash Value" at the time of theft or "Stated Value"?

12. bloodso

State Farm. I didn't add any of the extras on my bike so it would be however they determine market value at the time of theft.