1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What I Got Today

Discussion in 'General' started by Razr, Nov 30, 2019.

1. F&ck I was born in the wrong family. Wouldn’t trade mine for anything but I need an uncle.

2. I walked out of an Audi dealership about 1.5 years ago because I told the guy twice I didn’t ask and don’t want to know the cost per month I want the total cost. He kept talking per month. Mind you I wasn’t dressed up but if he was a keen salesman he could’ve picked up on a couple hints of clothing etc. Also that shouldn’t matter much but I also understand a lot of people probably waste the salesman’s time. I went to the dealer about 20 miles away and they actually got the vehicle from dealer i originally went with. 2nd person I dealt with was honest up front. I can probably do better on price If you were to finance through Audi. I said ok, understand then we discussed cost. I wasn’t financing it but I still got what I think was lowest they could go. I let it draw out a couple days and told him this is my budget and won’t go over it. That number was 10k lower than my actual budget :)

3. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Picked up this pair today. The amp is a 40 watt tube amp, gets loud, and has a bunch of sound choices. Santa would approve. image0.jpeg

TSAVO5150, britx303, noles19 and 3 others like this.
  4. SirCrashAlot

SirCrashAlot Well-Known Member

Sister was coming back from signing the papers on her Tahoe and got hit by some dude not paying attention in a big Dodge truck with a scrape blade on it. Talk about rotten luck. Took out the right rear side. Looking at about 15k worth of damage on a 2 hr old vehicle. Least he had insurance. She's fine and shell get it fixed but boy is she pissed.

5. aboogie973

aboogie973 Well-Known Member

Finally got a killer deal on my Dynamato motorcycle stands. Makes life easier moving my bikes around my garage now. Scored them for $150.

[​IMG]

pscook and Razr like this.
  6. aboogie973

Glad she is okay, I bet she is upset.

7. R Acree

R Acree Banned

Dad? Is that you?

8. Woofentino Pugr

Woofentino Pugr Well-Known Member

A friend of mine had that happen around jan 2014. Bought a brand new 14 F150 SC. Him and his wife then went out to eat. On the way home it was snowing and icy. Some jackweed in a dodge ram started skidding and the rear of the ram clipped his rear causing his F150 to skid off the road and roll over. Minor injures. Truck totaled with just around 20 miles on the odo. Hell it never even seen his driveway. Make matters worse, the Dodge never stopped.

9. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Way back in 1973, a buddy of mine bought a
    new Olds Omega and got hit pulling out of
    the dealership. Evidently they didn't see him.
    This is pretty much the car he bought.

old omega.jpg

Razr likes this.
  10. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

I’ve been collecting since a kid. I have over a thousand cars. I selectively collect cars now. My first Barbie Hot Wheels.

Before any of you mouff breathing, knuckle dragging yahoos say anything . . . my man-card is confidently intact.

Flame away :Poke:

Attached Files:

pscook likes this.
  11. MotoGP69

MotoGP69 Well-Known Member

How did you get them so cheap?

aboogie973 likes this.
  12. aboogie973

Facebook market. A guy sold his bike and needed the money.

MotoGP69 likes this.
  13. lopitt85

lopitt85 Well-Known Member

People look at me weird when I suggest a properly repaired, low mileage totaled vehicle as cheap and reliable transportation.

I bought my 2013 5.7 Ram 1500, quad cab as a salvage vehicle. Had about 10k on the odometer and I paid $12k for an otherwise $28k truck. It has been perfect in the 4 years I've owned it. If you dont care about resale they are great. I plan on driving it until the wheels fall off.

Phl218 likes this.
  14. pefrey

pefrey Well-Known Member

She needs to sell it back to the dealer immediately and take the loss. Then sue the other persons insurance for the loss. Otherwise, when she sells or trades it in the future she will lose a few thousand then because of the accident.

cBJr and GarrettRick like this.
  15. tgold

tgold Well-Known Member

Got an Aim Solo 1 brand new off ebay for $100.00. I thought it was a bit of a risk, but the thing really is brand new and works perfectly. I'm stoked to not have to deal with a beacon or some wonky GPS laptime that takes a computer programming degree to use.

16. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Have you ever tried a Blackstar amp? Just wondering apples to apples with a Marshal what you think.

17. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

I've never played with a Blackstar, but heard great things about them. Would like to get a Vox AC30 but found a deal on the Marshall.

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The insurance should cut her a check for diminished value.

19. Razr

Razr Well-Known Member

Picked up a sweet Washburn acoustic bass, sounds better than I thought it would.

Oh....and picked up those smaller Klipsch Palladium bookshelf speakers a while back (P17b) in the background. I'm amazed how good they sound, especially with the matching sub.

20. I got to successfully climb 4 stairs, then turned around and came back down.

Was pretty pumped about it.