1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this instagram post from B. Spies mean?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Oct 4, 2017.

1. I doubt that, there’s no rides left that pay those bucks.

2. CB186

CB186 go f@ck yourself

As nice as it would be to see him back on a Superbike, if he's going to require a paycheck as big as he had 10 years ago, I can't imagine it ever happening.

3. Nope.

He shouldn’t ride for free, and he damn sure shouldn’t pay for a ride. IMO, nobody should. But that’s a whole ‘nother subject.

However, he should also be realistic. This isn’t 2007 anymore. His (or anyone’s) expectations have to match the current situation.

4. Times are different for sure but if he wants a paycheck he needs to go find the sponsors to pay him one.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And therein lies the rub.

I really doubt the paycheck matters as much as having the money for the team to be competitive. If he can't build a good enough team there is no point in him doing it at all. He's not the type to go out there and run MotoAmerica for fun, he'd come race with us for that.

backbone and panthercity like this.
  7. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Doubt there would be a shortage of sponsors lining up to put their name on his ride.

8. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

Even Rossi isn't getting paid like he was 10 years ago. The only one I can think of making those bucks now is whore-gay.

9. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

When roadracing first started? :Poke: LMFAO!!!! :D

After reflecting on the title of this thread, I am just going to leave this here.

MARY SPIES! MARY SPIES!! MARY SPIES!!!

(If I say her name 3 times will she show up and give us the skinny on Ben's plans?)

Gorilla George likes this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No she won't.

11. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

LOL! She saves it for team managers at the track. :D

12. Totally agree.

13. backbone

backbone scarred for life

and CMRA :)

panthercity and Joe Lopez like this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

15. A major problem could be the lack of direct Factory Support (I don’t mean willingness to divulge proprietary information/parts/etc, I mean willingness to donate all the bikes, motors, parts, engineers, data, etc).

Ducati is onboard, as long as somebody pays for it.

I’m sure he could find tons of sponsors that would be willing to throw in $10k-$50k, or more. But it will take a lot of those to add up to $3mil. Without somebody like Ducati, Kawi, etc being willing to provide (free) all the “hard parts” and engineers, it will be tough to generate those kinds of resources from scratch only using “peripheral” types of sponsors.

16. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

I think it would take a "Ben Spies" to beat Tony next year. He is familiar with the tracks now and has a better bike. I dont see either of the 2018 Graves boys beating him. Ben and Tony are friends. Would be great to see them dual.

17. backbone

backbone scarred for life

You mean tandem? :Poke:

condon66 and badmoon692008 like this.
  18. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

I still have a saved PM from "Ben's mom" where she got on me for saying something not so nice about Leticia back in the day. Turns out, I was way out-of-bounds. :(

19. 05Yamabomber

05Yamabomber Dammit Haga

No, like dual each other cause nobody else will probably be able to keep up. Elias only goes as fast as he needs to right now.

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Definition of duel
    1:a combat between two persons; specifically :a formal combat with weapons fought between two persons in the presence of witnesses
    2:a conflict between antagonistic persons, ideas, or forces; also :a hard-fought contest between two opponents

Definition of dual
    1of grammatical number :denoting reference to two
    • a dual pronoun
    2a :consisting of two parts or elements or having two like parts :double
    • families withdual incomes

• held dual citizenship in France and the U.S.

• a dual function

• a dualexhaust system
    :having a double character or nature