1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What does this instagram post from B. Spies mean?

Discussion in 'General' started by Mille R, Oct 4, 2017.

1. TX Joose

TX Joose Well-Known Member

I thought we were waiting until something of substance occurs to bump this thread?

2. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

Nah. Now it’s being done just to screw with us. :D

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Ya think?

It got to page 2.... :crackup:

4. worthless

worthless Well-Known Member

TheBen is in Italy. Not news, just an unnecessary bump.
    • bspies11This one was a little rough but we are back in italy! Ready for some of that good food and sleep!!! #gofasteatpasta

5. Mille R

Mille R Well-Known Member

Time to kiss the ring.

6. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

We're waiting on you....

[​IMG]

7. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

My unnamed and unreliable sources indicate that we might be looking at a Team Texas unretirement with Spies and Edwards on Aprilias. Colin loves BBQ.

8. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Team Mancation

Screen Shot 2017-11-03 at 2.00.12 AM.png

JustaNobody, automan, 418 and 2 others like this.
  9. Words wouldn’t be able to express the badassedness of that.

Colin could tell everyone how “this one is a piece of shit too”. :crackup:

JustaNobody likes this.
  10. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

I heard the Tuono is gonna be homologated for the twins class with a restrictor plate, it's all starting to come together!

11. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

Passerini Performance (MV Augusta) picture.. just stirring the pot

Attached Files:

The Great One likes this.
  12. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

13. The name Spies and the exposure such a return would bring should bring in some good money. But he isn’t going to make millions, nobody does Domestically.

IMO, the unknown might be hampering him. Him saying he wants to return doesn’t prove how competitive and/or fast he would be.

Personally, i think if he really wants to do it, then it might be a good idea to schedule a private test. Get his hands on a good bike, invite some sponsor representatives, and get after it.

Then hopefully he could come off the track and say “I haven’t raced in 4 years, and I just put down a lap within 2 seconds of the lap record, on a borrowed bike. Show me the money”.

Just like how college players will hold private workouts for scouts to show them what they can do before draft day. Same thing.

Joe Lopez likes this.
  14. EngineNoO9

EngineNoO9 Well-Known Member

I'm sure it's probably not the big bucks but also a competitive machine. It's not worth it to come back on a half ass attempt. He has nothing to prove. If he comes back and wins or is at least runner up than it looks way better than finishing down the order for him.

15. flyingpig70

flyingpig70 Well-Known Member

Would be great if he came back and wound up being Jakes team mate on a JU bike.

16. Would be great if he came back on a SportbikeTrackGear Panigale from D&D Cycles, tuned by Livengood...as my teammate. :D

17. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Not sure he is that desperate to come back. :D

18. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I don't think Spies needs a test to prove he'll be competitive. If he wants to race, he'll have a ride and be paid as well as anyone in MotoAmerica. The big question is whether or not that will be enough.

BigBird likes this.
  19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Put up the cash!

masshole likes this.
  20. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

That sounds to me like an offer. Good on you for stepping up and putting up the $$$$. :clap::flag::clap:

:D