1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you want? More Ethanol! When do you want it? Cruz...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by BigBird, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

:stupid: Very much so.

2. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

I dont know crap about farming life but when I listen to "farm" radio driving across Kansas and Nebraska it sure seems as though they hate Trump at the moment.

3. R Acree

R Acree Banned

According to a local farmer, a lot of what he raises is sent overseas.

G 97 likes this.
  4. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Buy a diesel vehicle, delete it and run the off-highway diesel that the farmers who benefit from the subsidization of ethanol use.

SuddenBraking likes this.
  5. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

Not any more, at least in the current political climate, that they would have you believe. We have lost some exports but to to the extent the media would have you think. But the media isn’t helping on reporting. Instead of making a big splash trading a hundred gazillion bushels of beans to China at one time, they are doing is quietly and slowly over a period of time to save face politically. They are also sending beans to Argentina, crushing them, then sending meal to China to circumvent the tariffs. They only reason they are using less is the swine fever, not because they aren’t buying our beans or bean products. But the media won’t tell you that. We have lost farm gate income due to price lows on Cbot, but that mainly is due to wall st building a net record short on grain contracts

G 97 likes this.
  6. G 97

G 97 Garth

I think he was talking beef exports which reached an all time record in 2018. They have weakened lately but are, historically speaking, still high.

The flooding in Western Iowa which destroyed metric tons of stored grains and also delayed/prevented planting have also helped shore up some pricing. I do agree, listening between farmers in Iowa and Illinois and MSM, there is a huge disconnect with how farmers actually feel and what is being “reported”. Never mind them seemingly ignoring any level of secondary markets outside of China. LOL.

Then you have the goofballs Elizabeth Warren and Beto talking out of their asses that those soybean markets long established with China will never come back. They will never be re-established.:crackup: It’s comical to think that these two numb nuts know anything about it but feel the need to try and put fear into farmers and the non farming population believes them and are more outraged against Trump then the actual farmers and farming industry, who see the bigger picture and potential long term gains.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    bigtime likes this.
  7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

MSM went full retard over the use of internet in tractors.

8. R Acree

R Acree Banned

I was. I don't study the topic, but a framer we work with recently "retired" to his farm. He gets far more to export than to sell domestically, or he was when we last spoke.

bigtime and G 97 like this.
  9. bigtime

bigtime Well-Known Member

It would be interesting to know some details. Especially feeding restrictions for overseas. I’m just a short distance away and in that industry