1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you all do when you have an un-intended SV650 motor collection?

Discussion in 'Tech' started by AMac, Nov 11, 2020.

1. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

So over the years I've accumulated 4 "extra" SV650 engines.

Motor 1: 1st gen; Superbike build I had in my bike for a while before it making a clanking sound. It has spears aftermaret head bols, spears cams, carillo rods (I think), & 2 mm Wiseco pistons (I think). No idea what else.

Motor 2: 1st gen motor, stock. P/O "rebuilt" it after throwing a main bearing and then a valve keeper let go.

Motor 3: 2nd gen motor, stock. 05/06 single plug. Ran when I parted out hte bike.

Motor 4: 2nd gen motor, spears heads. I have a build sheet somewhere but as far as I can tell, the dude put a 1st gen front in-take on the rear cylinder where it should have been a 1st gen. P/O said the front cylinder was firing but not the back when he had it in his race bike. I picked it up with some other parts several yearas ago. I'm cuiros if something is now bent or if I put correct cams in it if it would run.

My question is what would you all do with this stuff? Is it worth the time to part out any of these motors? Sell for a song just tog get them out of my basement? Take to metal recycling and be done with it? I have time and space to part motors, but I don't know if I have the skill/knowledge/tools to be able to tell what parts are good and what parts arent. Just for the heck of it, I dismantled motor #2 as far as I could, and all that's left is to split the cases.

I have a street SV and Track SV (track SV engine seems fine, so far), so it may be worthwhile to keep 1 spare motor around but I'm getting kind of sick of them taking up space.

What do you all think? Any advice appreciated.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Zoran plants them in the garden to grow more parts.

3. mgiossi

mgiossi Well-Known Member

Pull them apart and sell them. They are worth more in individual parts then as a whole with "issues"

4. jasonhise

jasonhise Well-Known Member

$hits and giggles, where are you located?

5. AMac

AMac Well-Known Member

Near Des Moines, IA

jasonhise likes this.
  6. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Aaron

it’s been a while!

sent you an email:D

jasonhise likes this.
  7. TWF2

TWF2 2 heads are better than 1

Definitely not to grow more :). Goal is dirt will cover them with time so I don't have to dig hole.

rcarson15 likes this.
  8. rcarson15

rcarson15 Well-Known Member

I gotta ask.. do you just collect everyone’s SV spares? Lol

Rising Sun likes this.
  9. RRP

RRP Kinda Superbikey

Only the 1G stuff, fuel injection blows. :D

Rising Sun likes this.
  10. regularguy

regularguy Always Krispy

Remember this the next time you're trying to clean green goop out of jets..

TurboBlew, Waterboy and RRP like this.
  11. Rising Sun

Rising Sun Well-Known Member

You got to it first [emoji23]

12. grasshopper

grasshopper Well-Known Member

How much do you want for all of it the way it sits?