1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Class? Riders school? 1967 Kawasaki A1R Replica

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by RB-1, Jun 4, 2021.

1. RB-1

RB-1 New Member

Last year, right before the pandemic I wrote to you guys about racing for the 1st time and because of COVID did not get started as soon as I wanted. However, I am on track now. Here's a link to my old post:

http://forums.13x.com/index.php?thr...-racing-for-the-1st-time.365683/#post-5678737

Recently I have purchased a race prepped Kawasaki A1R replica (an A1 Samurai 250cc 2-stroke was used as the base) and now I need some seat time. I hope to attend your WERA WEST Willow Springs Race in June 12-13 for the race school and get on the track for the 1st time. What class is this bike eligible for? Formula 2? Clubman? Senior Superbike Novice?

Rider School question. When does rider school occur on the weekend? I printed the flyer for that weekend and I believe it says 8:30 am - 11: am WERA Riders School. But it is in the section of the Practice laps. Does the school take up the entire 2.5 hours (in class and some lap time) or is it something else. Can't find much info about the Riders School except that it costs $80.

Does this look right for a weekend of racing at Willow Springs on June 12-13?

Membership = $130-$50 (newbie discount) = $80
    AMA membership = $50
    Raceday morning practice = $50
    Racing School = $80
    Class 1 pre-entry (1st day) = $105
    Class 1 entry on 2nd day = $85
    Transponder rental = $60

Total = $510

After that I plan on attending Brady's Classic Track Day at Willow Springs on July 3rd. There I should be riding with more vintage bikes! In between that time I hope to get more seat time elsewhere. Just a little difficult when most track days are geared for more modern bikes. Race at Laguna Seca with AHRMA and later in the year race WERA's Button Willow in August and Willow Springs in November. At least that is my personal proposed schedule.

Thanks for all your help!

Cy

2. cBJr

cBJr Well-Known Member

Years ago, the rider school was a classroom session all morning, but you got two breaks to go out for practice. So, basically you would park your race bike next to the classroom and bring all of your gear with you, so that you'd be ready to roll. You can see on the schedule that the "Rider's School" practice group is group number 7 (aka last group to practice.) It looks like you'll get to do the last practice, then break for lunch, then you'll be up again with Race #1 of the day which is your Mock Race. If you can do that without crashing, you pass!

Good luck!