1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Are Your Street Bikes?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kyle Brosius, Apr 19, 2018.

1. R Acree

R Acree Banned

2001 KTM LC4

2. RonR

RonR Well-Known Member

1990 softail custom. Slow easy ride.
    2009 1198. Fast hard ride.
    Love them both!

3. bpro

bpro Big Ugly Fat F*****

2005 SV1000. Big slow pig of a bike but fun in it's own way.

Several mods to try to get it to handle and stop and a set of Speigler bars to help with the arthritis. Great bike for a lazy rider

JBall likes this.
  4. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

‘11 Tiger 800 daily SUV
    ‘15 Daytona weekend toy

5. PistolPete

PistolPete Fuck Cancer...

2005 BMW R1100S Boxer Cup. Underpowered, but Bee-U-Tee-Full, and a pretty good all around comfortable street bike.

motoboy likes this.
  6. zjay

zjay Well-Known Member

2015 FZ09 here, upgraded the seat, suspension and a flash and it's perfect. Best street bike i've ever owned, still smile every time i crack the throttle.

7. wera313

wera313 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

BMW S1000XR

8. condon66

condon66 Member well known

2013 Kawi Z1000SX. Puig windscreen and 55 series rubber. Lots of mid-range...upright position...corners low.

9. ineedanap

ineedanap Well-Known Member

2014 ZX10. It's not as bad of a commuter as you would think.

10. ts199

ts199 Well-Known Member

cha0s#242 likes this.
  11. Brad

Brad Swollen Member

09 Versys, 99 Bandit 1200, 00 Sv650(inaugural cup final winner-still going strong!), 88 gsxr1100....in that order of usefulness. None worth anything, and I don't think I could trade them for anything new......'cept maybe that new Tracer GT! :D

ToofPic likes this.
  12. xrated

xrated Well-Known Member

Eddie is a magician when it comes to "fixing" seats for motorcycles, and his work/quality is top notch. When mine went to him in late 2013, it was the very first one that he had ever done. Since I'm on the FZ09.org forum and of course posted some pics up after I got it done, there were a lot of folks that wanted to know where, how much, etc. After mine was done, folks would send them in to him and tell him they wanted the Vern Lux mod done to their FZ09 seat......kind of funny calling it that.

13. OldSchlPunk

OldSchlPunk Well-Known Member

'18 MT-09 and '92 GSF400 Bandit. The little Bandit is a friggin' hoot to ride, don't know about the Yami yet as it won't quit snowing.

14. ToofPic

ToofPic Well-Known Member

Whats that? 88 gsxr 1100!! Pics!! :bow:

15. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Nice, Yamaha Canada isn't listing the Tracer GT for the moment, sadly. Although you can probably build a similar/better bike with better suspension and affamaket errythang :D

16. Banditracer

Banditracer Dogs - because people suck

Yes they are !

17. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

[​IMG]

Can’t imagine two better bikes for the street for me. My Multistrada, super comfortable with luggage for longer trips - with sportbike performance to satisfy my need to hammer the twisties. And my Tuono Factory for single day hooligan rides, with superbike performance and all-day comfort. So happy with these bikes!

SuddenBraking and turbulence like this.
  18. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

As nice as the TracerGT seems, I kind of have your same thought. In my feeble mind, it's really just a tarted up version of the FZ1 I've already got. And since the price tag is probably going to run around $12K, I'd just as soon keep my FZ and buy a very gently used Tenere that's already farkled up.

19. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

Having ridden both, I have to disagree. The FZ1 I rode (1st gen), felt heavier and the engine is not as responsive as the CP3. Tons of power up in the revs for sure, but a big lump that revs up slowly. And the seating position on the FJ-09 is much better for my knees. Two different animals.

20. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Well, that's a good review and forces me to open my mind a bit. Since I'm not getting anything in the near future I'll wait for the Tracer GT release and check one out in person.