1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA vs CCS

Discussion in 'General' started by jericson996, Jan 23, 2001.

1. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

By "organizations," do you mean the riders or the officials? From all the debates on this site, my impression is that your statement doesn't reflect WERA's position (or at least Mongo's). Unless I got it all wrong, Mongo defended your rider's right to ride as a Novice. Not trying to re-open the debate here, just making sure I understand what you're saying.

2. lathe dog

lathe dog Well-Known Member

I race both "clubs" and find both to be enjoyable. The only difference between them are a few "saftey" issues. Games are safe, roadracing is a sport!

3. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

LOL - trust me, if we had been displeased he wouldn't have been a Novice....

4. R Hood

R Hood Go NG Bulldogs

The thread was primarily pointing towards the racers. I have the utmost respect for the officials and the cornerworkers - from both organizations.

5. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

Having raced with both orgs in the LW classes, these are my observations. Of course, your milage may vary.

CCS Tech: "Hmm, sure looks good... oh, no, don't worry about taking your belly pan off"
    (Reminds me a LOT of the VA "safety inspection" at a local gas station, except I don't need lights and a horn)

CCS Grids: He with the biggest bank account wins pole. If I write a check in Jan. for all events, I get pole position every weekend. This is one of THE biggest problems I have with CCS (Next to the tech inspection).

CCS LW class structure: Better. They have opened up the "sportsman" class, which is a lot like WERA "clubman", to the FZR to give it a home after the SV's arrival in LW (hint.. hint..).

Overall, the grids are MUCH larger on most CCS weekend I've attended. In the mid-atlantic region, I think a lot of the reason is the MARRC school held at Summit Point during CCS weekends. There are usually 20 - 30 students compared to 3 - 8 in the WERA schools I've seen, and since it's a CCS weekend, those new racers start there. By contrast, while WERA grids are smaller, they seem to be much closer in terms of skill. It was rare (if at all) that I'd lap people in WERA during a sprint race this year... that was not the case at CCS weekends.

Overall I find racers to be racers, and the "family" atmosphere was present at both orgs' events. I have friends in both orgs though, so this may be tainted.

I thought about switching camps this year due to my girlfriend running my old FZR and CCS having a better class structure, but have decided to stay with WERA (in general... I will never go to Nelson Ledges again) due to the people I've come to know and care about over the last two years, both racers and officials (yeah yeah yeah... I'll take off the skirt now...).

- Roach

6. Dale Love

Dale Love Active Member

CMRA does there gridding by points, he who has the most points has the pole, they run there endurance the same way, it makes for a hell of a race for the championships at the end of the year.They don't grid like the other ccs regions, even if they are the south central region.

THE WEASEL 21#

7. GSXRGIRL

GSXRGIRL Guest

Rhood, I guess people didn't get the fact that Ed started racing mid season of 99 (I think i'm correct) and was fully entitled to come back as a novice. I'm sure some other guy is going to start this year (or some other) and win by great lengths and everyone will say the same about him. Oh well, guess it's in the past now and not much can be done about it now. [​IMG]