1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Vintage 2006

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Yamaha Fan, Aug 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

dave,
    thats my point. V6LW is a true lw class where the form two-stroke bikes fit well. i dont mind giving up hp when i bump up but 70 hp vs 150 is a bit much (tz500). so i would as well as some others would rather race the fzr's hawks etc.

2. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

THATS ALL? what about the other lap and a half?:D

3. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

I would love to see a handicap race (I know you can not) like horse racing. We tie bags of sand so the power to weight ratios all equal out to the biggest rider with the lowest HP. (thinking me 245#s on my Honda) :D

4. WERA33

WERA33 Well-Known Member

245....WOW. whatever you want.....Kong!:)

5. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

I'll let my voice be known publically on which class I'd rather bump up to. Both V6lw and V5 should be bump up classes for Formula 2-stroke bikes such as RZ's and TZ's. Other, bigger bikes allowed in Formula 2-stroke should have to meet the engine/displacement limits in the rulebook for those classes.

Regarding race order and groupings, I'd rather be able to race Formula 2-stroke and V6lw. Currently, V6lw has more riders and a consistent turnout versus V5. In fact, I think I would have a harder time winning in V6lw given the participants in both classes in 2005. I could abandon Formula 2-stroke and just ride V6lw and V5, but my bike was purposely built for that class and I want to support a class created specifically for 2-strokes.

Or, kill the Formula 2-stroke class and allow them in V4. I understand that's how the classes were structured many years ago. I know my RZ had nothing on the H-D beast (V4 legal) Tim was riding at the GNF in 2004. In fact, I could barely stay in his draft.

6. Fireball

Fireball Well-Known Member

The real V5 bikes

(qoute)
    jim johnson's new 1100 suz ?

Good point, how large are real V5 four strokes going to be allowed? I was told last year that the 2005 rules would allow a much larger limit but it never made it into the rule book. The limit is 1085cc for a 2 valve four cyl. If you could get 150hp out of that it would still be TWO hundred pounds heaverand MUCH wider than the TZ.

7. Dave164

Dave164 Well-Known Member

All muscle and another part though :D

8. charles

charles The Transporter

Hmmm....maybe that's better...:up:

9. Thumper540

Thumper540 Well-Known Member

SR's in V2

Replay to Yamaha Fan..Richard and I run the only two SR's in F500. The only way Rich has done as well as he has is he is riding the SR so far beyond his and the bikes limits that I can't believe he hasn't killed himself yet. I can stick with him but when he starts drifting the front and rear wheel through turn 9 at Summit...That's where I draw the line. He makes up for the lack of top speed on the SR with his riding.

Rich and I are best friends so I can comment on his mechanical ability... As he is a HORRIBLE mechanic I do most of his SR maintenence as well as my own. I finally got him to check tire pressure and change the plug more than once a year....It's miracle he hasn't gone down yet.

I agree the SR's can jump the RD's from short corner to corner, but on the straights there is no contest. The SR's will be a good addition to V2 and make for much tighter racing in current form.

We must keep our minds open to expanding WERA Vintage through competitive class structuring.

Time to pull my SR down and see where the funny noise is coming from... Later Mark H # 62

10. charles

charles The Transporter

I am but a humble RD350 rider, so be kind to me, i'm old and feeble...look, this thing about 2 Strokes is killin' me, the ones that go fast require much upkeep, tuning, and attention, just like any other racebike...we can't continue to restructure and change things about because some 2-smokers are quick- hey, it just might be the guys riding them, y'know- if need be, and I make this proposal in earnest, why not then simply place all 2-strokes in one separate class (break down the finish: 125/250/500+)
    and then have one 'bump up' class? If all this keeps up, i'll be forced against my will to buy that ROC Yamaha over in the UK.
    By the way, the MotoFormula500 Championship was won by a very crafty rider on a very fast 4 (yes, four) stroke bike, and until he is handed a severe beat-down, he gets to use the Number 1 plate...so much for 2-stroke supremacy...like my bike, almost a
    moped...

11. WERA854

WERA854 Well-Known Member

Not trying to make this too complicated, 'cuz it's impossible to get inside every racer's head, but it just doesn't seem necessary to put a class & any potential bump up in the same race. Just spread the overlapping classes between the races, grid the fastest class first in each race, like we already do, then dissimilar classes in inverse order of speed. Lapping individuals spread out on much slower bikes late in a race is far less hairy than having to deal with catching the tail-end of a slightly faster wave on lap 1, which happens frequently already.

Off the top of my head:

R1) ?? ?? V4

R2) ?? ?? V5

R3) ?? ?? F2S

R4) ?? ?? V6LW

I don't know enough about the V1, V2, GP classes so they need to fill in the ??s, but that's the general idea.

Why pass up the chance to fill the grid with qualified bikes? Like I said earlier, my SRX got run in V4, V5 & V6LW last season (just not on the same day ;) )

12. WERA854

Why should you have to choose at all, Joe? See above post...run them all...and Clubman/DSB on Sunday too while you're at it :D

13. WERA854

DSB/Clubman legal bikes to V7MW?

I really want to play with those guys too...:confused:

14. melch

melch V7 Pusher

I agree that the LW restriction be removed for 7MW.These guys have proved they are plenty fast enough and I know it would be a fun class for them.There will always be someone to dice with for them.JMO

15. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Yea man! :up:

16. Jim McDowell

Jim McDowell Hoping to pass tech

Anyone have an educated guess when the 2006 rulebook might be posted online? I'm itching to see what all will be legal in V7MW.

17. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

yea IM interested myself......I know I read somewhere that any year f3 can run and up to 97 zx6s can run.....didnt say about the r6 or the gsxr........

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Probably by the end of this week if all goes well. Gonna finish it tomorrow and then let the proofreading staff at it.

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

No and no.

20. ducnut748

ducnut748 King of Speed

What about

What about 98 an older duc 916's an 748's. same exact bike as a 94-95. An the 99 an newer engines are easy to spot with the single ignition pick-up

:up:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.