1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA Mini tech requirements

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by swampape, May 10, 2016.

1. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Can anyone give me a quick rundown on what's required for tech on the minis? Same as the big bikes? I'll be running a 150R which I think falls into the 80 class.

2. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Wire the main stuff - oil fill/drain/filter if it's got one. More of a trackday tech.

3. swampape

swampape Well-Known Member

Excellent. Thanks @Mongo !

4. SamG

SamG yellow plate for life!!

Make sure you make a belly pan of some sort.

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Not required for minis but always a good idea. Same for wiring really, anything that can fall off and ruin your race or day is always a good idea to wire.

6. SamG

Hmm. The first weekend at Tally, I didn't get to run mini because I was told I had to wire my drain bolt (impossible to do on a 150f.. They're hollow thin aluminum), and had to have a belly pan.

7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

They were wrong about the belly pan but correct on the drain bolt - and while it's not the easiest thing it's not impossible at all. I remember the drain bolt question but nothing about the belly pan or I'd have handled it then, sorry.

8. SamG

No biggie, I made one out of an old r6 pan. Just didn't wanna see him not be able to race because of it. :)

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

It's like the wiring, anything that makes the bike safer is going to benefit you somewhere down the line. You will be truly thankful for the belly pan if it's ever used.