1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA 2021 MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

I didn’t swap for rain and my picks still suck

sbk1198 likes this.
  2. BigBird

BigBird blah

I had a rain lineup and tried to adjust late, and well I had no clue what I did. Definitely not looking good here.

3. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Pretty quiet here after the race. Martin and Rins screwed me over the most in this one and I definitely didn't have the Beast that high up the order. Kicking myself a bit for putting Fabio ahead of Pecco. I thought about that one for a few minutes and kept going back and forth before I settled on Fabio. At least I got Marquez, Mir, Aleix and Rossi spot on! lol Almost got Vinales right too! lol

Phl218 likes this.
  4. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

I am going to go out on a limb and predict no one did.

BigBird and Phl218 like this.
  5. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Martin screwed me too, I had him in 2nd. At one point in my picking I had beast slid up into 5th. Should have left him there, but I moved him back down to 10th. Not a bad week with 97 points, but I thought Q would have started to go into protection mode, and not be challenging that far up front.....I was wrong. Miller....sigh. Miller, vale, and mav have always been the hardest for me to pick, and combined have probably cost me the most points altogether.

BigBird likes this.
  6. sbk1198

I put Bastianini in 10th as well and Martin in 3rd. Also Rins in 5th. By my math, I should have 101 points for this round, but I think the winner will be at least at 110.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Didn’t run the math on my picks but Rins and Miller cost me

and bastianini of course

8. sbk1198

Results are posted! @motorkas with the win! Good job. Finally a weekend when @BretSV shows his inner Rossi pace! :P @BigBird taking the lead with 4 rounds left to go.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Congrats!!!

@BigBird i’m coming for ya

BigBird likes this.
  10. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

47 back of the podium. I think I'm a bit too far back to strike, but I'm going to have to really start gambling. I almost did with Enea this week and wished I had :(.

What a round. I only got 15 points less than 1st, but there's 15 players in between us. Wild. Things are tight at the top too, congrats everyone. Don't let that bird win again though. It's open bird season with no bag limits.

Phl218, sbk1198 and BigBird like this.
  11. dsapsis

motorkas with a very solid 112 points. Aviana Grande showing more than feather. Highest pick for Bastianini was Forliftler @ 7th. Results through 14 rounds:

Race winners --
    1. bretsv
    2. boman forklift
    3. motion
    4. backbone
    5. sbk1198
    6. Bigbird
    7.dsapsis
    8.Greenhound386
    9. boman forklift
    10. Chino52405
    11. Ironcactus
    12. crazymofu
    13. Chino52405
    14. motorkas

'ship top ten:
    #1 bigbird 1309
    #2 bretsv 1304
    #3 ironcactus 1300
    #4 phl218 1292
    #5 chino52405 1285
    #6 quicktoy 1284
    #7 motorkas 1282
    #7 dsapsis 1282
    #8 sbk1198 1265
    #9 dandubeau 1253

Texas in two weeks time. Bring it.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021
    Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  12. Phl218

Phl218 .

MM will be going win it or bin it for Austin

he won’t let that one be taken from him

sbk1198 and BigBird like this.
  13. BigBird

BigBird blah

he usually wins by a bunch, so if he wins by a little less, he'll probably still win....but he's on a Honda, so who knows if the front end will hold up

14. IronCactus

IronCactus Well-Known Member

Last time MM was there he binned it with a multi seconds lead.

congrats to @motorkas on the win last Sunday. Rins and Martin shit in my hat pretty good. Was glad to see Bastianini charging the field, another 2 laps and he’d been a step or two higher on that podium. Amazing run.

15. Phl218

Phl218 .

yup, now the pressure is even higher for him

16. dsapsis

And if wouldn't have dropped the bike a second time after picking it up, but rather successfully remounted, he would have won despite crashing. Instead he flopped it over the far side like an over-easy egg and that was it.

17. sbk1198

Agreed. I already planned on picking him for 1st place, no matter what his pace is in practice and qualifying. At this point, it's tradition like with Sachsenring lol

18. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

I didn't even place my picks and got a tie for 2nd? That's messed up!

19. Phl218

Phl218 .

You’ve unlocked the secret of picking picks ;)

BigBird and motion like this.
  20. motorkas

motorkas Well-Known Member

Thanks gentlemen - love this league (and thank you admins for what you do). Even though I blew the Beast pick by a lot, still was loving what he did and couldn't be happier with him for his first podium - what an amazing ride and he beat those guys straight up!