1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA 2021 MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Feb 16, 2021.

1. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Under the presumption it causes a problem with scoring or it’s somehow unfair to players?

2. BigBird

BigBird blah

i've already set my lineup, i'm sure others may have also.

3. rd49

rd49 Well-Known Member

Like you will not change it 27 times before the race. :D

Phl218 likes this.
  4. BigBird

BigBird blah

Unfortunately, I've done better when I leave it alone.

I must refrain...I must refrain is my mantra this season

5. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

You are the Casey Stoner of Fantasy League... two championships and you are done ... go have a glass of Milk :D

Phl218 and BigBird like this.
  6. BigBird

BigBird blah

If you name the league after me and retire me into the hall of Fame before the season ends [emoji16]

7. dsapsis

I’m not certain adding pirri is unfair. Rules allow changes to 5 minutes before start. Unless a gaggle of players complain I would like the game to mirror the race possibilities.

Phl218 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

I don't think you've fully thought this through. Someone can make their entry days early and not make any changes because they feel there is nothing to change, not knowing that a new racer is available.
    I've got no dog in this race, so I am fully unbiased here.

BigBird likes this.
  9. BigBird

BigBird blah

Exactly this!

We should have a rule when riders can be added. I would say before the start of FP1.

Almost never does a new rider come in on a Saturday or 5 minutes before a race to fill-in for a rider that was on grid, or all of a sudden a wildcard entry just appear.

10. dsapsis

A player should presume that the grid after qualifying is the grid that is available, not when they made their picks, despite what PapaBirds think. Otherwise, they are not playing the game fully and should be subject to early assessment and anything that carries with it.

vfrket likes this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

What's the point of accepting game entries before qualifying, then?

BigBird likes this.
  12. dsapsis

Oh stop it with your logic (accepting them to account for being too busy to play the game fully, duh. Do you recall the discussion about missed entirely making picks?).
    I have cancelled the action to add Pirro (and Dovi). Not because I think it's the wrong call, but because I don't want to deal with the complainers.

13. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Two things can be true. :crackup:

14. motoracer1100

motoracer1100 Well-Known Member

Well , you were the second person to post on here , so I figured that gives you the right to name yourself the Emperor. Or what ever ... :D

BigBird likes this.
  15. Phl218

Phl218 .

I got Pirro in 8th

16. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

I would have put him at 13th if he was available to pick

17. BigBird

BigBird blah

I thought top 10 for the rider not to be named since he's not available.

18. Phl218

Phl218 .

Yeah, but I’d say we either do it right or not at all

Not checking this thread or picking picks on time equals not being fully in equals playing the lottery with equal picks. Just my 0.02

it’s the same if bagnaia crashes himself out in warmup tomorrow morning.
    No checko, no adjusto, no scoreo as my amigo would say

19. dsapsis

Indeed, but when the source is a non-player... Good thing your reputation precedes you.
    were

20. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I swapped for rain late on and do not think this is going to work out well for me.