1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

WERA 2021 MotoGP Fantasy League

Discussion in 'General' started by dsapsis, Feb 16, 2021.

1. Phl218

Phl218 .

2. Quicktoy

Quicktoy Is it Winter yet?

I’m lost again after fp2

Phl218 likes this.
  3. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

So I ask three times and you haven't checked it? I am going to send you soda, not beer.
    probably can get you in. Send pm with registration email address you will use for selecting picks and PayPal me 75 bucks. I’ll give you PayPal when you send me pm.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

i'd say it's pretty clear :D

5. BigBird

BigBird blah

Lencovo FTW [emoji23]

~sent from mobile

6. Quicktoy

Lol it is with every one of my picks are within .9 seconds of each other? Lol

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Tire management vs Crash proneness

8. dsapsis

Yoshi NHS added as 24th player. Entrant window closes at 10 am PDT tomorrow, Saturday.

BigBird likes this.
  9. dsapsis

Now seems as good as any to lay out the rules package for this year.

Payouts:
    Weekly round winners will get an evenly divided (by number of races) 1/3rd of kitty, which with 24 players is 1800/3 = 600.
    If all the races are ran, that means 600/19 = $31 per race. Ties result in evenly split payouts.
    Championship payout will follow recent year,s schedule, apportioning the remaining $1200 by 80/15/5% for the top three finishers. Ties will result in split payouts here as well.
    All payouts happen at the end of the season.
    Players are responsible for their picks. Appeals will be dealt with on a case by case basis, but know that you get a report documenting picks and the software tracks those reports. Only the final set picks in the system count.
    If a late change to the rider grid results in a replacement rider that does not get coded into the system, it will be considered fair as no player will be differentially affected. Pick order persists in the game until new picks are made. This effectively means that when a race is run that you have not explicitly set picks for, the game will use the last pick settings to determine your score.
    Commissioners award -- The person with the funniest post (which usually involves taking the piss out of a fellow competitor that is banking on Rossi to win) will get a package of homebrew sent in the offseason. Linders won that last year for a dig at me, and I am packing up beers for him and Jeremy this weekend (I hate bottling). If the winner doesn't drink, I will send them a bag of wildflower seeds. :beer:

OK, I think that's most of it. Let the season begin. My dark horse has Miguel for the Championship.
    Make sure to set picks and check your report, and tip your mug to Jeremy for giving us such a sweet game to play in. Good luck everyone.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2021
  10. Quicktoy

Thank you. Good luck everyone.

11. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Just a note, that Stefan Bradl has been added as a substitute rider for Marquez. This may be obvious to everyone, but just so there is no confusion, when there is a substitute (Bradl) you must select the substitute rider, not the original rider (Marquez) in order to be awarded any points warranted by that riders finishing position.

Quicktoy likes this.
  12. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Picks set! Made a ballsy but likely stupid choice of putting the red team for 1st and 2nd, but I'm sticking with that lol

@jksoft when I was setting my picks, I found an annoying bug. Whenever I'd click on another tab/window, then come back to MotoManager, all my picks would reset back to what they were before. I usually go back and forth between that screen and the results on MotoGP's site so I can see how everyone qualified or performed in practice. So when I was doing that, my picks kept resetting every time. Using Firefox on Windows 10.

YoshiHNS and Quicktoy like this.
  13. Quicktoy

Those two are as good as any two. I’m watching the riders debrief today and they are all saying that 9 bikes could battle to the end. Mav could win this but the ducs will pass him a few times into 1 in the first few laps and he will panick and fade to top 6 or so. The Beast is my dark horse for a single point.

14. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

Had the same 'bug' with me. Win7 on Vivaldi. Doesn't matter if I switch tabs or windows. Once you switch focus away from the site, it reloads the pick order to last saved. So I was spamming my email with pick saves if I switched off it.

15. jksoft

jksoft Well-Known Member

Thanks @sbk1198 and @YoshiHNS for reporting that. Apparently this was newly introduced this year as a side effect of some other changes I made. I can see how that would be annoying and I'll look into getting it fixed for next week.

Boman Forklift and sbk1198 like this.
  16. dsapsis

Who besides me has Bradl in the points? He's a lock!
    VR46 for 9th.
    Baggypants for the win.

17. Phl218

Phl218 .

Rossi 7th

Bradl 12

need to put it in tomorrow

remind me

18. Dan Dubeau

Dan Dubeau Well-Known Member

Same here. Ended up having to set my picks via phone while flipping between practice sessions on the laptop trying to come up with some sort of "plan". I only watched q1/2 and have zero clue lol. Bets of luck everyone. Will probably change things again after WUP.

19. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I made picks but I wouldn't exactly call it a prediction.

Ducati is so fast but does either factory rider make it to the end? Does Mav still go backward in packs and is Fabio the one who started or finished 2020? Frankie, Zarco and the Susuki's will come forward but how far?

And of course the biggest question: where will they all let the doctor finish? :Poke:

20. BretSV

BretSV Well-Known Member

How do we play? I never received any instructions or links or anything.