1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welding ??

Discussion in 'General' started by BC, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Scotty87

Scotty87 Lacks accountability

I didn’t think so, but maybe it crept into my brain. I do like that movie.

2. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Yes, it's Stripes, but it's "I want to party with you, cowboy".

3. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

While I'm not dogging you, I'm not that impressed pulling a rail car really. I guess I have no basis for comparison but I'd like to see that test done with just ordinary silicone or something of the like. You can machine to metal pieces extremely flat and gain a lot of holding power with that and surface area. I guess what im saying is it looks like a sales pitch to me. :D That and it doesn't take a lot of force to roll a train car.

4. pfhenry

pfhenry Well-Known Member

24 grit grinder or angle grinder to get that cleat for glue... machined surface too slick

XFBO and ChemGuy like this.
  5. zrx12man

zrx12man Captain Amazing

Apparently Beeb}Google}Formal training}Real world experience

6. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

Well it was a whole train....not just a car. Something like 200 tons of weight. I've worked with Austin the younger guy. He said it bent metal in the coupler they made.
    And the glue was only allowed to cure for 60min.

So it's a pretty good glue.

XFBO, RoadRacerX and Phl218 like this.
  7. Phl218

Phl218 .

Don’t need it for anything specific. But i’m not the best welder, so i might as well glue my project stuff.
    :D

8. RoadRacerX

RoadRacerX Jesus Freak

Shit I'll take some of that glue! We still haven't heard from Britt, who is without question the best welder I've ever seen.

9. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

10. ChemGuy

ChemGuy Harden The F%@# Up!

He's glued to his TV or something.....:D

RoadRacerX likes this.
  11. Spitz

Spitz Well-Known Member

Good deal, that's what happens when i try to watch shit at work, i didn't see the whole train and closed it down too soon. Would be cool to get something to compare it to though.

Btw- treat it like a gasoline tank. Don't know what the exact procedure is but i'd imagine steam cleaning it for so long then having it purged while doing the work. I wouldn't be doing it that's for sure.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
  12. SOFG2

SOFG2 Well-Known Member

Yep, he was a smart dude, still scared the crap out of me!!

13. Phl218

Phl218 .

i would like to see the Diesel used as heat sink approach

14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Be sure someone is holding your beer.