1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Welders/machinists- what kind of hose is this?

Discussion in 'General' started by pawpawrc, Jun 21, 2022.

1. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Hey guys- got a ton of welding hoses at a local auction. I picked up 50 hoses that went along with it with some odd fittings on them. Has anyone seen these? I have no idea what they would be used for. The company that went out of business is called Whertech, as far as I can tell they did commercial HVAC stuff. 7CF6C956-CB5D-4EBF-B55A-BFC60DBDFA61.jpeg

2. cortezmachine

cortezmachine Banned

Looks like a hydraulic coupler line or a gas line. Modern welders don’t use those, except maybe those big ass construction weld rigs that go on trucks. They look dated to me

3. Trainwreck

Trainwreck I could give a heck

How big is the orifice? they kinda look like older liners for wire feeds. Did this place do a lot of welding in the field?

4. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

Those don’t look like any hydraulic lines I have seen and we do lots of hydraulic lines with forklifts, scissor lifts, boom trucks, clamps, etc.

5. wheelz96

wheelz96 Well-Known Member

These are used for conduit on wire drums. We use these on our robots they have quick connects that attach to top of 55lb drums that we keep our welding wire in and go directly to the wire feeder. Its just conduit to protect the welding wire.

Phl218 and Britt like this.
  6. pawpawrc

pawpawrc Well-Known Member

Thanks so much! Ok second question: this shit worth anything or should I just toss it?