1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wearing authentic military jacket

Discussion in 'General' started by L8RSK8R, Apr 15, 2021.

1. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

Is it disrespectful?
    No name, insignias, badges.

2. speedluvn

speedluvn Man card Issuer

3. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

To do what? Tactifooling with your paintball gun? Driving electric go karts? E sporting? Gleaming the cube?

4. motion

motion Nihilistic Member

5. 88/532

88/532 Simply Antagonistical

No big deal...as long as there’s nothing on it you don’t rate. Whatcha’ looking at?

6. Jon Wilkens

Jon Wilkens Well-Known Member

Pic of said jacket? If you are wearing it with the intent to fool someone...then no.

7. Gixxerguy855

Gixxerguy855 Well-Known Member

a lot of open ideas on this one without much explanation. If prior combat utilities with no rank insignia, then no big deal. If a dress uniform not worn properly or displaying items which the individual did not earn, then no way in hell.

Although I can still fit in my blues, I have seen many that cannot wear their uniform appropriately and in my opinion, bring disgrace to it. The other side of it is that you earned the right to wear a uniform that you volunteered for in a time of war in support of your flag. Interestingly, each service has in their uniform regulations the rules for wear following service.

Wheel Bearing and L8RSK8R like this.
  8. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

5357.jpeg KIMG0196~2.JPG KIMG0196~2.JPG

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
  9. Daniel06

Daniel06 Well-Known Member

No rank or service name and you're good. Many who have had to wear the uniform don't understand why you'd want to wear it bc they're not very comfortable. The disrespect in my opinion and in the eyes of my branch comes when you impersonate or use the uniform for gains. Like wearing it so people think you're in the armed forces. If you just like it, and you bought it, have at it. As far as I know, even wearing name, rank and branch on it doesn't apply to you bc only the uniform code applies to service members. Now, if you choose to wear those things on it, you'll look like a turd, especially when a service member calls you out in public.

G2G and L8RSK8R like this.
  10. Funkm05

Funkm05 Dork

And don’t forget the important part ... don’t ever wear a jacket with shorts. It just looks stoopid. :D

11. 88/532

12. Chino52405

Chino52405 Well-Known Member

I have a couple of those thick cotton ARMY shirts from being in ROTC for one year (no commitment and a credit per semester) as well as a couple shirts from donations to Navy SEAL foundation -- I never even wear them in public mostly because I shave my head and could be easily seen as someone who served. I have no idea if it would be disrespectful or not, but I personally feel I'd be being disrespectful or purposely misleading if someone asked me about service due to what I wore.

13. cha0s#242

cha0s#242 Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand

My kid wears an olive green "military type" cotton jacket from Gap, it's definitely not intended to make a statement.

14. Phl218

Phl218 .

nah brah

15. pjdoran

pjdoran Well-Known Member

No name, no rank or insignia, no problem. Just another uncomfortable work shirt.

StaccatoFan likes this.
  16. backbone

backbone scarred for life

No problem. I used to cut my flight deck pants into shorts to skate in. Also used to wear my green turtleneck when it was cold :)

17. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

The Todd likes this.
  18. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

As a civilian, you can, but also as someone that's been wearing them for a couple days, I'm just puzzled as to why you'd want to. :crackup:

I guess if you were playing paintball or whatever and found the camo to be useful and weren't being "that" guy that put rank on it and name tapes, sure. Either way, they make non-EGA MARPAT for sale that's typically more socially accepted amongst the military than the one you posted that has the EGA on the breast pocket.

Phl218 likes this.
  19. 88/532

Just noticed the EGA...that’s a no. Goes with rating it, if you don’t...don’t.

jasonhise likes this.
  20. Raceless man

Raceless man Well-Known Member

Fatigues ? Who cares..couple of my friends sold all there stuff to flea markets..when they got out.
    Dress uniform ? No effing way.