1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

We Were Warned ...

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by YamahaRick, Apr 7, 2019.

1. YamahaRick

YamahaRick Yamaha Two Stroke Czar

2. K51000

K51000 Well-Known Member

3. tiggen

tiggen Things are lookin' up.

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

The biggest problem I have with that is the opinion that the masses every set their crystals and horoscopes down. People being gullible and prone to follow charlatans is the norm not a recent happening.

5. nigel smith

nigel smith Well-Known Member

Today's charlatans have a much better message distribution system than did their historical counterparts.

tiggen and YamahaRick like this.
  6. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

A religious nutjob predicting doom and gloom.... nothing new there. Idiocracy had it right and even made a movie out of it.

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

An agnostic "religious nutjob", that is a new one.

8. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

He wasn't agnostic, he was a full blown atheist.

9. TXFZ1

TXFZ1 Well-Known Member

Could be, I am just going by his claim of "I'm agnostic" in '96. Either way, he was antireligion.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yep, and people have been bitching about it since the country began.

11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Sadly that doesn't preclude people from preaching their own religion, they just use a different word for what they base it on but the ultimate goal is to recruit more believers.

12. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Not true I was thinking on a career as cult leader until Jim Jones screwed it up. You are supposed to take their money, do their women, flee the country and have THEM drink the koolaid....moron screwed up the business model and reputation of the entire industry.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Damn good point. He was such a putz.