1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Way to go Commiefornia

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by SPL170db, Oct 8, 2017.

1. stk0308

stk0308 Well-Known Member

2. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

Yeah, that excuse was researched and it's bullshit. It originated with Google.

3. G 97

G 97 Garth

EE412589-BED1-48E0-9071-1AD33FDB6BFE.jpeg

sheepofblue likes this.
  4. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

:crackup:

Okay Dave - it may only be .1% of the population talking about seceding but how did you not share this with us? :D

6. Britt

Britt Well-Known Member

Never happen...has to go thru all the channels...Ratification and shit.

sheepofblue likes this.
  7. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm sure it won't but it is funny they got 600k signatures to get it on the ballot :D

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I don't care enough to read the article but curious how they came up with the new proposed State lines???

[​IMG]

9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Separated it into hippies/hollyweird/desert.

sheepofblue likes this.
  10. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Looking at the Presidential election results, by county, and w/out comparing population in each county.......the newly proposed NorCal looks like it might actually have a chance to swing Red, if this was to happen. :clap:

11. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

This actually wont happen exactly for the reason that XFBO points out. If the state were split this way it would actually weaken Democrat power by realigning and reducing the representation they are allowed. With California almost fully Dem controlled, this measure will never make it past the state house. The big cities have complete c Interesting but DOA.

12. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

They screwed up...should've extended "california" up to include SF with a tit out to Sacramento. Lump all the weirdos into one area....it will make building the fence easier. :flag:

13. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'm by no stretch of the imagination a political expert but wouldn't it already being on the ballot kinda bypass the will of the State legislature? If the measure is passed by a huge percent, how do you ignore the will of the people?

With that said, if it did pass by an overwhelming %, and assuming the R's keep control of both houses.....they oughta move forward with their wishes immediately and make it happen! :D

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  14. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Same way they are failing to enforce immigration law and reduce legal immigration. They basically give the voters a big :moon:

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I seem to recall that California has some sort of mechanism in place that has referendums that the populace votes on directly... bypassing their representatives.

I could be remembering wrong.

Bet that azz that the political machine will be in panic mode trying to shut this down if that is the case.

16. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I find it interesting they had to validate the signatures but don't require valid ID to actually vote :crackup:

R Acree likes this.
  17. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Not really, the majority of the voters there seem to support that ambition.

God, I hope that is the case!!!

18. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

i always felt like this idea, when it comes up from time to time, is generally drawn up by the inland folk... farmers, small town desert folk, general gov't hating racists and meth manufacturers... you know... conservatives :D.

no but seriously... its funny how they managed to "keep" san fran in one grouping... and the southern grouping "keeping" san diego. they sure do hate all their politics of the "coastal elites", but they damn sure aren't trying to give up that business revenue and access to vital ports for commerce haha. funny how one will make a stink along political ideal lines to even come up with such an idea, but will make concessions on their principles, solely for money. the previous itteration of this i think literally had all "coastal elite" areas going into one new state, so san diego all the way up to san fran/berkeley. if THAT were the case, all the farm land folk would totally eff themselves into bankruptcy losing that vital shipping access. although they would have one big bargaining chip, that being the control of water resources thru their territory to hold over the coastal folk when negotiating trade. it'll never happen, but its interesting to think about.

Chino52405 likes this.
  19. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

Just means 3 fences instead of one to the rest of the country

20. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

You know who really wins if this happens?

The textile companies that will be making the new 52-star flags. :D