1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Washing Cars: Foam Cannons

Discussion in 'General' started by YamahaRick, May 14, 2022.

1. notbostrom

notbostrom DaveK broke the interwebs

You Karens know there is racing on this weekend right?

ducnut likes this.
  2. Dave K

Dave K DaveK über alles!

A bunch of shirtless men dancing in the white foam, shot from a cannon, pretending to wash their cars to the beat of some euro trash techno beats!

ghey as all fuck! :crackup:

beac83, ducnut and TurboBlew like this.
  3. gt#179

gt#179 Dirt Dork

I use one on my dirty bikes. Seems to do a decent job of getting gunk out of places that are hard to reach.

4. Phl218

Phl218 .

I see the foam staying in place quite well. Also you get quick coverage of the whole vehicle.
    But i spray clean first, then foam, then sponge, then rinse and blow dry

YamahaRick likes this.
  5. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

That sure is a lot of work for something that is just going to get dirty again the first time you drive it.

6. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

But the alternatve is driving a dirty vehicle and I just can't do it.

7. Phl218

Phl218 .

I enjoy it.
    last time i washed mine was 6 weeks ago, aside from small bug pecks on the windshield, some brake dust and pollen, it’s still sparkling clean. the yard bitch otoh gets a was through the $7 car was every half year and that’s it.

8. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

Foam guns are great for applying the soapy water. I use the slick products stuff on my bikes and truck all the time.

9. kenessex

kenessex unregistered user

I hate it, but my wife loves it. Her car is always clean and mine also gets the $7 car wash about twice a year.

10. prospected

prospected Well-Known Member

I use the Griot’s Garage one you simply put on the end of a regular hose. Doesn’t foam up significantly like a pressure washer cannon but does the job well. Definitely seems to soften up the grit significantly better and clean the bugs off a lot easier. I use a Chemical Guys soap in mine.

11. Mick6R

Mick6R Well-Known Member

Same here, minus the blow dry. I'll dry 'em in garage with microfiber towels. Unless we've had the 4-runner offroading, I can knock it and the Mini out in about an hour.

12. code3ryder

code3ryder Well-Known Member

I risne, foam cannon on some bug removal stuff, then normal foam soap and let it just soak for a while. Then mitt wash. Seems to work well enough for me.

13. Chain

Chain Well-Known Member

Wash...cars...??? What is this "wash" thing you speak off?

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. Phl218

Phl218 .

the great smell of that stuff is only topped by the wheel coat gel. Delicious

15. BigBird

BigBird blah

Waterless wash only for 2 years. no ceramic or anything on this car

IMG_24052022_055520_(1500_x_1500_pixel).jpg