1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Was anyone else long on Bitcoin Cash before today?

Discussion in 'General' started by Knotcher, Nov 12, 2017.

1. Venom51

Venom51 John Deere Equipment Expert - Not really

Only time will tell.

2. Mot Okstef

Mot Okstef Scrolling all day long on RRW.com

So Satoshi is the Broome of bitcoins? :crackup:

Should I buy stock in bottled water instead? :D

3. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

Enough.:D

4. JBraun

JBraun Well-Known Member

I’m more confident in the 100k spend that I am the Bitcoin part. Maybe it was 3000? Either way...

5. Sweatypants

Sweatypants I am so smart! S-M-R-T... I mean S-M-A-R-T!

honestly... when i first really took a look at it, it was around $500/BTC... figuring i'd realistically be fine dropping $5-10k on a speculative investment without wanting to kill myself... you're looking at like $200-300k right now. that's not enough to retire, but i'd seriously consider just trying to cash out right now. could at least pay off a big ass chunk of my mortgage on the wave of literally nothing. i didn't seriously start reading more until like $4000/BTC, and since then, i just haven't felt comfortable pulling the trigger and it keeps having insane swings and skyrocketings. people getting emotionally involved same as they did/do with their political party or whatever fad craze came before it. to be able to keep control of yourself and have an introspective look at irrational exuberance that you may be buying into has to remain key. outside of selling cocaine, i dunno any investment ever in my lifetime that gave somebody a 3000% return in a year's time. sometimes you just gotta be grateful and take your prize and not trying and find the absolute maximum.

these guys holding the $6m+ range of coins and shit... that's comfy upper middle class retirement off safe investment interest for the rest of your days without working money. people should be screaming at their friends/loved ones/colleagues to GTFO!

sbk1198 likes this.
  6. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

Couple SC1?? At this rate it might fund a couple of new bikes...or cars! lol Have you not heard of the guy that paid his roommate for 2 pizzas in Bitcoins back in the early days of BTC? Apparently that amount is now worth over 100 million bucks! Those better have been some damn good pizzas! lol

7. Inst Tech

Inst Tech ain't no half steppin

I must be on the other side of the coin. (pun intended), but I think blockchain technology is going to explode in the next 5-8 years.

8. Sweatypants

it seems like a viable new era of tech... but there's 1500+ coins/tokens/whatever out there right now being bought and traded. bitcoin has already been said to have disadvantages even to ethereum based on the tech, processing time, verification times, and even what its doing at its core... right? yes? no? so why would it be the long term winner? how do try and hedge on determining what that would be and pick wisely? obvious Microsoft sees something in IOTA's tech and is linking up with them for now. i don't think the tech is going away at all, i'm just skeptical about the bitcoin hype (that in turn is hype-dragging tons of the others right up along with it for no reason more than speculation excitement).

i need to research more. way more.

9. sdiver

sdiver Well-Known Member

Bitcoin isn't trying to be transactional, if they were they would agree to change the code. It's more a digital store of value like virtual gold. If 1/2 the money currently tied up in gold (with almost no intrinsic value) is instead invested in bitcoin (much more practical) we will see low-to-mid 6 figure values per BTC.

I fully expect my BTC to fund a retirement home in the Caribbean. Current bubble or not.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017
  10. sbk1198

sbk1198 Well-Known Member

But if I want to sign up for CCS races and pay with Bitcoin, how do I do that through fax or US mail?? :confused:

SuddenBraking and rcarson15 like this.
  11. Sweatypants

Except gold has real world use application and value. And its been a standard of currency globally for like 5000 years. A little history there to contend with

sbk1198 and GRH like this.
  12. Sweatypants

Sure seems like its trying to be transactional, considering the corner bodega in my boy's hood lets you buy 40's with it. Except the people are not trying to make it transactional because everyone has dreams of being rich. How much are your beanie babies worth?

13. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

Gresham's law

auminer likes this.
  14. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

But which is which?

15. GRH

GRH Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

16. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

I guess the question now is, do you feel lucky, punk? Well, do ya? :crackup:

17. brex

brex Well-Known Member

This thread is about Bitcoin Cash, but it then became about Bitcoin...but last January I bought $3K of Litecoin at $3.93. Looking really good today.
    Looking at my Coinbase log, I only put $500 into Ethereum at $9.92 and $1000 into Bitcoin at $857, but they are OK these days too.
    I bought in after doing some research and talking with others. Some mocked and warned against the idea, others had thoughts Litecoin would get to the $25 range this year and Bitcoin to $5K or so. I went with my gut and went heavy in Litecoin, probably should have gone heavier in Ethereum. But you just never know.
    It's a very risky market, but so far my returns have been oh, a little bit better than if I had put that into a high risk stock or fund. Not a bad use of $4500. I want to see what happens on Monday and into next week before I go about making a decision on cashing out or staying in.

Jaketheone46 likes this.
  18. Knotcher

Knotcher Well-Known Member

That is not a feature of the USD it is a bug. You'll love the guns and missile and the fiat when the people with those guns and missiles quantitatively ease their way up your butthole and all of your money is instantly devalued.

There isn't an argument that the USD should disappear, at least not in the near future. I don't think BTC works out as a currency in the long term. I think it ends up as a store of value, more akin to gold, the value of which is also primarily based on scarcity. The industrial applications don't support the price.

19. L8RSK8R

L8RSK8R Well-Known Member

My nephew's been here for 6 weeks, came over for the Breeders Cup at Del Mar. He's a partner in 25 race horses in Ireland, professional gambler and has fried my brain with Crypto talk. He's into all of it.
    IOTA just made him $400,000 since he arrived....t'is fookin' nuts.

20. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

send me 1 bitcoin and I will guarantee you pole position is ALL of your preferred classes to race for the next 2 years! :D

sdiver likes this.