1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Warmers for the Mini?

Discussion in 'Mini Racing' started by gluvnaa, Mar 23, 2012.

?

Do you run warmers for your mini?

1. Yes

6 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. No way!

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  3. No - but would like to

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. gluvnaa

gluvnaa Well-Known Member

I know they are a must on the big bikes - but are you running them on the mini?

2. Photo

Photo Well-Known Member

If I remember right I got a set of 12inch warmers from stickboy

3. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

We ran Dunlop TT91's and 92's and they didn't need warmers on NSR's. I imagine, if some people are bringing in true sticky slicks, they might need warmers? Fortunately, we moved to RS125 chassis bikes before we had to buy warmers. On those, with 65, 85, or 150 4 stroke motors, you do need warmers. However, the tires last a long time and takeoff's from the big track guys still work fine on the kart tracks.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2012
  4. gluvnaa

He aint got none!
    Thanks though!

5. gluvnaa

I haven't seen anything used so it looks like its going to be new.

I saw that CHR sells them but thats about it that I saw. Are there other vendors?

6. ACDNate

ACDNate Well-Known Member

I use the budget tire warming technique I learned from Nigel Smith. Roll bike to asphalt with sun exposure. The Dunlop GP125s seem to heat up pretty quickly and stick well w/o the warmers...

7. earacing

earacing Race Dad

We always ran tire warmers on the NSR50, even when we went to slicks. After that we ran them on every bike we ever rode.

8. earacing

earacing Race Dad

I looked for a long time and couldn't find anything used. New they are pretty expensive. Eventually bought ours used from a friend for $200 and sold them for the same. CHR worked well for us.

9. blackbird2xx

blackbird2xx Well-Known Member

Check ebay. They have some decent deals. Mine are Chicken Hawk.

10. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

I run them and swear by them! Make the TT92's last longer and go fast out the gate!

I had a set of TyreSox that lasted a long time.. I now have a set from Bickle Racing that are sweet!!

11. Mook

Mook Well-Known Member

no matter what one does... the fast guys are going to the front.
    but going through that first frantic lap on warm tires never hurts either!

12. Red Fox Racing

Red Fox Racing Age is only a number

I have a set of, used twice, 12in chicken hawks. I need to clear them out of my garage. PM me if you are interested and I will put them on the for sale site.

13. raddad13

raddad13 Well-Known Member

I use the bickle warmers and have been very happy w/them.

14. gluvnaa

Sent you a PM over the weekend....