1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wall picture

Discussion in 'General' started by aaronson, Sep 19, 2018.

1. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

I did a google search already, but I wanna know your opinion. I’m looking to take one of my race pictures and put it up on my wall . Basically from a SIM card to a 7 ft x 9 ft picture. Any suggestions?

2. FZ1guy

FZ1guy Hey...watch this

Fathead

3. peakpowersports

peakpowersports Well-Known Member

Any local print shop should be able to do a good job. Final quality though will depend on the resolution of the file you have

code3ryder likes this.
  4. YoshiHNS

YoshiHNS Mr. Slowly

7ft x 9ft is pretty big. You sure that's right?

My photo print place doesn't seem to do anything that size. I would google search for commercial printers and see what comes up. Or try ' banner printers' or 'large format poster printer'. Max local to me is 60" x 72".

You can search for different charts giving suggested maximum print size by your original image resolution. 36MP is probably fine at 3' x 4' before it starts to look pixelated up close.

aaronson likes this.
  5. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

6. Tristan

Tristan Well-Known Member

7. R1M370

R1M370 Dr. P Ness

My friends banner shop has a 72" printer that they use for custom prints. I know the 3m material they print on isn't cheap though.

aaronson likes this.
  8. Boman Forklift

Boman Forklift Well-Known Member

:stupid:

I had a friend print out a big picture like this and used Fathead. As I recall they were pretty reasonable.

9. aaronson

aaronson Well-Known Member

Oh yeah , the measurements are correct. In my mind I want to split the picture in three panels . So it should be a little easier to nail down a shop or someone who can print it up .

10. Alex_V

Alex_V Dump the diesel

Not many photos can be blown up to that size. You are looking at around 24K pixels wide @ 300dpi

I just used this place http://www.myphotopipe.com to do a high resolution photo print 72"x12"

aaronson likes this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Check resolution and if it's not more than 300 talk to the photog.

12. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Gonna get really dorky and obscure here, but I bet she could help:
    Chloe.png