1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Voting Rights

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by ryoung57, Dec 12, 2018.

1. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I work in Kentucky but live in Cincinnati Ohio. I pay taxes in both places. But like someone already said, I am represented in one of those places.

2. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

I pay Federal axes, State taxes and City taxes, I don't get to vote anywhere.

crashman likes this.
  3. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Your criteria #3 would eliminate 75% of Americans and make them ineligible to vote. They would know lots of into about putting loud exhausts on a Honda car tho.

4. HPPT

HPPT !!!

:stupid: Been there. Never bothered me.

5. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

66 and I pay my taxes...ALL my taxes. Happy about it? Not particularly but I do.

6. Motofun352

Motofun352 Well-Known Member

That was the point.......Not smart enough to know how it is supposed to work, then not smart enough to fix it either. Kind of like taking a test for a drivers license. Bring back civics as a required course of study in Junior HS would be sufficient.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  7. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

I am in the same boat. But I knew that going in so not really a huge deal.
    What is funny in a sad sorta way is that I am going over the study guide for the citizenship test and would likely now do better on a civics course than a large segment of America...

Motofun352 likes this.
  8. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Why you gotta take shots at Fonda Dix like that? :D

crashman likes this.
  9. crashman

crashman Grumpy old man

:crackup:You are sorta mean some days...

10. Lawn Dart

Lawn Dart Difficult. With a big D.

Talk to us 10-20 years after you no longer need to take the test. :D

11. dsapsis

dsapsis El Jefe de los Monos

Since we've once again moved back to a discussion of epistocracy:
    point
    counterpoint

12. pickled egg

pickled egg Tell me more

Here, I have a ballot you can use as long as you vote for every "D" on it. :D

13. Robin172

Robin172 Well-Known Member

So did I, like Papa it doesn't bother me and because of it I try to stay out of discussions about US domestic policy.

14. Potts N Pans

Potts N Pans Well-Known Member

Retirement should not take someone's voting rights because they are "no longer contributing".

Those on welfare and other assistance should not vote until they are contributing. It is a shame to reward the ones that only take from the system while punishing the ones that gave (and still give).

15. cpettit

cpettit Well-Known Member

I agree. I was just trying to point out how stupid it sounds when people say the voting age should be raised to 21.

Potts N Pans likes this.
  16. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit if Americans can pass a civics test or know anything? Voting is an emotional decision. They’ll vote for whoever gives them the best feels and says the prettiest words out the sides of their whore mouths. Then that politician whore will proceed to steal money and get paid by his bankrollers, whoever they happen to be. It doesn’t matter a fuck what voters know or don’t know. Voters are just useful idiots. Democracy is a sham that gives people the illusion they have any power over the system. Fucking please.

Banditracer likes this.
  17. superdino

superdino Naturally aspirated twin-turbo

Abrasive yet accurate. The only purpose of being a politician is getting elected. Then re-elected. That's all. Nothing else.

Fonda Dix, SGVRider and Banditracer like this.
  18. SGVRider

SGVRider Well-Known Member

The wife and I were debating this while driving yesterday. God bless her, she believes the system can be changed and was complaining about how they all cheat to win, are hypocritical shitbags etc. I said “You wouldn’t cheat to win?” She got outraged and said “of course not!” I told her “that’s why you’d never win an election”

The world needs idealists and people that actually want to fight for change. That’s why I don’t hate liberals other than the nutbag left, they’re a necessary counterpoint to people like me that just want to get their piece.

If I ever run for elected office, I promise I will cheat as much as humanly possible to get in. Voter intimidation, stuffing ballot boxes, losing mail in votes, hiring hookers to catch my opponent with his pants down, whatever nasty tricks and lies I think I can get away with.

I think I’d rather own a politician than be one though. There’s better less stressful hustles out there than running for office. The Jesus business and non-profits look like really good scams.

19. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

But if you understand how shit is SUPPOSED to work, you're more likely to hold these scumbags accountable. Politicians survive (and thrive) on the ignorance of the public. Education is the enemy of the powerful.

20. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

This.

If you got the charisma and gift of gab to be a national level politician, then you could have a pretty decent sized flock to fleece. It says right there in the rule book that they have to give you 10%. All you gotta do is learn that one book and jibbajabba about it for an hour once a week.