1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vortex CHAINS

Discussion in 'Tech' started by Nathan Seethaler, Jul 23, 2019.

1. Nathan Seethaler

Nathan Seethaler Active Member

Has anyone used their lightweight road racing chain (520RRX3 V3 2.0)? Is there any reason why I would want to get the non-racing chain 520RX3 over the road-racing one?

What do you all think vortex chains in general (those that have actually used them)?

2. Chako

Chako Well-Known Member

They are good value for the money. USed for several seasons.
    When deciding between them, look up the specs for the entire line and choose the one you want/need. If you are on a 600 no use getting the chains rated for 1000cc unless you need to use it for 3+ seasons.
    I would want to use the lightest/strongest available regardless of cost, others might want the strongest/cheapest.

3. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

Turns out Vortex owns EK chains North America. If you like EK chains it stands to reason that's what you're getting.

TurboBlew likes this.
  4. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Vortex just bought/joined with EK a year or two ago and had chains available before that. On their site the two are listed separately so I'm not sure if EK was already making them for Vortex before they joined or if they are making them now, but I'm not sure that I'd be willing to say for sure that a Vortex chain is an EK chain.

5. MELK-MAN

MELK-MAN The Dude abides...

ya kinda get what ya pay for with chains. the expensive DID chains REALLY last. but they are expensive (as do other quality chains made in Japan, that are stamped "JAPAN" on the side plates).
    If ya don't need a really good chain, there are lots of options..

turns out the vortex stuff and the brand they bought, are made in Malaysia .. not Japan any longer.. that's one reason Pit bull stopped carrying that brand.

Steeltoe, ducnut and Britt like this.