1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Viva Las Windy F'n Vegas!

Discussion in 'General' started by Bugslayer, Apr 5, 2012.

1. Bugslayer

Bugslayer Well-Known Member

Holy shit! Just rolled in from Boise. Fought a head wind all the way, 7 MPH. Yee Haw.
    Prolly 50 MPH gusts right now.
    Hoping for better tomorrow.
    Wife is making French dip sammys and I'm drinkin beer, so its all good for now.

:beer:

2. turbulence

turbulence Well-Known Member

doesn't it get pretty windy in BOI as well??

3. Bugslayer

Sometimes.

4. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

S'why I'm waiting until tomorrow afternoon to make the drive.

See you Saturday.

5. Bugslayer

7 MPG oops

6. lee955i

lee955i The Traveling Gnome

Was desert riding last weekend just outside Reno ans the wind was literally blowing the bikes over...while you were riding..LOL!:wow::crackup:
    Cheers, Lee S.

7. rabbit73

rabbit73 Scheiße

It's taken me a bit to get used to it. 30mph with gusts up to 60 is what the local forecast calls "breezy." Where I live on the West side gets even worse. A few years ago they had gusts over 100mph here and it took the roofs off a few houses. 395 down to Carson City will occasionally close to trucks and RV's because they literally get blown over.

8. bwhip

bwhip latebraker.com

Have a great weekend, and represent Idaho and MoM well!

9. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Are you racing the bike in your avatar, Bugslayer?

10. Bugslayer

Thanks Brian!
    Just got pins out of my hand Tuesday so gonna just take it slow and take what comes.

11. Bugslayer

Yes, only with some rash.:cool:

12. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

I haven't raced at Vegas in a while, but looks like we're in the same classes, similar speed.

13. Bugslayer

14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

We landed last night about 6pm local - holy shit the pilot did great given the amazing amount of buffeting we were getting. Dropped it in maybe 1/4 - 1/3 down the runway but did so even softer than a lot of times with no wind.

15. Bugslayer

Given the wind we had out here at that time, I'm sure I would have been grabbing the barf bag!
    Much nicer today.

16. kz2zx

kz2zx zx2gsxr2zx

Hey, I'm in my hotel, which doesn't have a microwave :rolleyes: heating my supper (in the sink under hot water...).