1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visiting Greenville, SC - recommendations?

Discussion in 'General' started by RossK6, Mar 3, 2018.

1. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

The wife and I have started taking trips to the regions outside of Charlotte and will be hitting Greenville in a couple of weeks. The visitors site is showing a couple of wineries and breweries, a history tour, and a museum at Travelers Rest that might be interesting. Is there a shopping district like Asheville or Boone (antiques and funky stuff)? Any outstanding casual eateries you can recommend?

2. joec

joec brace yourself

Maison metalhead.

3. RossK6

RossK6 Grid Filler

PBR and baked beans?

joec likes this.
  4. eggfooyoung

eggfooyoung You no eat more!

And STD's.

5. YamRZ350

YamRZ350 Nicorette Dependent

Don't bother. Shitty little backwards town, main road leading into town is a speed trap, people there were pricks. I'd give it a solid 3 /10 and wouldn't go back except work takes me there a few times a year.

6. BHP41

BHP41 Calling out B.A.N. everyday

Please feel free to take as many Yankees back with you as you can fit.

Phl218 likes this.
  7. Trunxgp1224

Trunxgp1224 Well-Known Member

My moms husband is from there and his adult kids still live there with their mother. Doesn't seem like anything good has ever come out of that town, in afraid to see what stayed.

YamRZ350 likes this.
  8. Downtown Greenville is awesome, skip Travellers Rest. Downtown has lots of shopping, great food and very clean. There’s a few wineries around that you could visit to kill some time. Or just head towards ga and bring a dirtbike and hit some trails :)
    I live about an hour away and will take the drive to go there for something different vs heading towards Atl. I like Greenville better than anything towards Atl.

9. Phl218

Phl218 .

Nothing to see here

Sabre699, joec and BHP41 like this.
  10. motoboy

motoboy Well-Known Member

Addy's on Coffee Street downtown has some really good Dutch/Indonesian food and drink.

The Greenville Symphony is a 2nd tier quality 3rd tier orchestra. Well worth checking out if you care about that kind of thing. They have a Russian defector as the MD.

There are lots of great miles of rails to trails around now; the Swamp Rabbit. Pubs and such along the way.

11. 2Fer

2Fer Is good