1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vision Hayes WERA Las Vegas Race Report 11/ 3-4/ 12

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by papa911, Nov 6, 2012.

1. papa911

papa911 Well-Known Member

A couple of days after our cross country trip we drove down route 95 in Nevada to Las Vegas for the final round of WERA's 2012 season out west. This was a double header with races on Saturday and Sunday.

We did the 10+ hour drive through the desolate Nevada high desert Thursday night to make Dale Kieffer's Racers Edge trackday on Friday, and we are glad we did, as it took Vision awhile to get comfortable with the track. Thanks, Dale.

This weekend was the last time Vision raced on Brian Bartlow's Feel Like a Pro team, and we Thank Brian for the opportunity and for showing us the ropes these past five months.

We were racing on empty this weekend, so we only had Vision signed up for two races each day, E Superstock with the other 250s, and the Inaugeral Ed Sorbo International Invitational, which had 600s, two stroke 250s and a two stroke 125 signed up against Vision's Ninja 250. The intent of Ed's race was to just have a race for fun, and it was that, indeed.

Vision's E Superstock race on Saturday couldn't have been better, with him chasing front runner Brian Bartlow, studying the seasoned veteran and then leading the last laps for the win.

The Ed Sorbo race was a blast for me to watch and a blast for Vision to ride. No pressure, a fast pace, some battles, and a fifth place finish was truly awesome fun.

Ed's race was run first on Sunday and was just as rewarding the second time around, Vision coming in fourth across the line. Thanks, Ed for allowing Vision to race it, we'd love to do it again.

Sunday's E Superstock saw Brian Bartlow plan and execute his revenge, with him getting a great charging start, putting some bigger bikes from another class between him and Vision, allowing him to gain a gap that Vision couldn't close, Brian finishing first to Vision's second.

This ends Vision's 2012 season and we want to thank Stockton Moto, Pacfic Track Time, CT Racing/ KFG Racing/ Pirelli Tires, Feel Like a Pro and Vision's family for making it possible for him to race this year.

Thank you WERA for another great event, we'll see you in 2013.

Hey everybody this is Vision I just want to thank everyone that helped me race this year.

2. Shenanigans

Shenanigans in Mr.Rogers neighborhood

Congrats on a great season!:rock:

3. weig17

weig17 Well-Known Member

great to see you guys and race with Vision again this past weekend.

I probably won't be on 250 grids next season, but I sure will be keeping an eye on Vision and watching him continue to grow and whoop the butts of his elders. :)

Next year you need to get your own "special Black gas can" ;)