1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa Check Card Fraud

Discussion in 'General' started by Black89, Jul 5, 2011.

1. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

FRAT verson: Some asshat in NC got my visa check card info and drained my checking account. After a ton of paper work, trip to the notory, multiple faxes I got my money back. Cops don't give a shit.

Full version:

So last friday morning I go to change my address at my credit union online and notice wow my checking account looks a little low. So I start checking transacions and there are about 20 $75 - $150 charges in NC Asheboro/ Winston Salem. I live in FL...

What pisses me off the most is that after I filed a police report here in FL, they told me to call the PD in Asheboro and Winston Salem. The PD in NC "Do you have a time and address"? Me: "no but I have a store name and date". Female PO:"well if we don't have an address we can't do anything". Me: getting pissed at this point. "I'm at work and I don't have time to be a detective wouldn't that be your job"?

Basically they don't give a shit and thieves will keep stealing info and using draining peoples checking accounts because the cops don't do crap about it. Somehow the visa companies are getting reimbursed I don't know is it insurance of some kind? So nobody really cares.

I wish I lived there I would go to Tank and Tummy's in Winston Salem and check out their video recording for a guy that made 6 - $125 purchases on 6/29. how do you spend $125 6 times at a gas station? Just filling up random peoples cars or 55 gallon drums?

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I would be pissed at your bank more than the cops. Someone ran up nearly $2k on my credit card. I phoned the report into the cops financial crimes and got a case number.
    Im pretty vigilant.

Lesson to be learned... dont put that much $$$ in your checking.

3. cobra2497

cobra2497 Well-Known Member

This is why I don't use a visa check card ever. I have an ATM card and that's it. It's impossible to get money out of my checking account without knowing the PIN.

4. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Every time that my bank offers me a free check card I say no thanks.

Check cards are too easy for crooks to steal, leaving the account holder with nothing.

5. PMooney Jr.

PMooney Jr. Chasing the Old Man

I have a great system to counteract that vulnerability. I began racing once more.

6. Former

Former Well-Known Member

Where I live (Cali), most gas stations don't require a pin number...just a zip code.

7. panthercity

panthercity Thread Killa

:D :beer: :D

8. Black89

Black89 Well-Known Member

I don't use my check card very often at all. Usually I use my visa... I have used it from time to time when I don't want to use my credit card and don't have the cash. I guess I will not be doing that again.

Thats a good idea to get an ATM only card for cash.

9. funsizeracing

funsizeracing Well-Known Member

Sounds like an employee or a friend of an employee running it through. Without the card, someone had to run the # through....over and over.

10. cannonballcobb

cannonballcobb Registered Offender

Buy a small fire proof safe and bolt it to the floor of your house. Keep a few hundred in cash on hand. Safes are handy for storing passports/birth certificates too.