1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VIR Race Report

Discussion in 'Race Reports' started by WERA552, Mar 24, 2004.

1. WERA552

WERA552 Master Brake Oil Spiller!

2. Joe Morris

Joe Morris Off The Reservation

Nice writeup Helpy! :up:

3. WERA552

Thanks Joe!

It 's looking more and more like I'll be heading to Summitt for more brake fluid spillage... :D

4. amaner

amaner will do math for food

Oh no.

:D

5. WERA552

Drive all night, get very little sleep, and practice twice on a track I've never seen. Yep - I'm ready to race!!!! :eek:

"Oh no" could be an understatement... :D

6. Motomeister13

Motomeister13 Well-Known Member

Nice write up Ted.

Preferred auto?? heheeee I never expected to see them in a motorcycle article. Ther ARE good guys though.

As far as "Uh Oh", .... Mr. "Dam they gave me the WRONG trophy at VIR" I would guess that you really will not have a problem figuring out how to go fast. :Poke:

7. WERA552

Yeah - Preferred has been great with the painting and repairing... :eek:

I drove all night to make the open practice at Summit last Thursday. I'm glad I did - I don't think I could have learned it in two practice sessions this weekend! I sure hope it's not going to rain. I don't have an EZ-UP or a generator...

8. Motomeister13

Well...

They are pretty good about power, and we just added a secong canopy 13 x 20 I think, So I am pretty sure that we could find you 4 square feet to stand in to keep dry whil drining beers!!

:Poke:

9. WERA552

Re: Well...

Cool - I'll look for you when I get there! When are you leaving Rochester? I'm heading out after work on Friday so it'll be really late before I get there... :(

10. Motomeister13

Friday at 8 AM.

Going to make it a nice leisurely day. Breakfast, maybe dinner out, get there around 6. Crack a beer, set up the village.

Gotta get a little R&R out of the day off. They are too few and far between.

11. WERA552

Crap - now you're making me want to take the day off!!! :D

12. Motomeister13

Dont do it.

Day s off are evil!!!!

However, cracking a beer during daylight hours AT THE TRACKa full day before a race...Priceless :beer:

13. WERA552

LOST!!!!

I've been to Summit once now and still have no idea how to find the track. Showing up during daylight hours would probably shave 2-hours off my trip.... :rolleyes:

14. Motomeister13

Lost?

Holy smokes Ted, its a piece of cake.

Get of 81 at Inwood, hang a left. Pass Food Lion. At the "T" turn right.

Then take your first left.

Go down a buch of miles and take a right after your second drainage ditch. you'll ride a nice curvy road for a godd ten minutes, run over a hairy set or RR tracks, (Stop and pry your trailer jack out of the rails of the track after getting the trailer hung up), and vear to the right. Look for the big rock outrcropping. go down another curvy road, pass a junk yard (watch the sharp curve to the right) whichj is right after the junk yard, past the third oak tree, and the entrance is on the left.

Ther are 3" by 3" signs leading you the whole way.

Wait, maybe thats the directions to Nelson.. :confused:

Nevermind.:Poke:

15. WERA552

Yep - I'm taking a half-day... :D :D :D