1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Rules for 2018 Bikes not points

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by kenessex, Oct 6, 2017.

1. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

The odds of someone buying a R6 just to dominate V8 is pretty slim.
    As ive pointed out you still have to ride it fast.
    Not that it cant be done.
    Just unlikely in V8.
    Vintage is a laid back class to race in.
    And grids are light.
    We need ways to help grow grids and convince racers to get a bike that fits in class and come race vintage.

Steven Isenhower #52

2. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Yeah, ok. Trust me someone is buying or already has one and will run it. No doubt about that shit.

notbostrom, stickboy274, 418 and 3 others like this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Sad for the TLR's and RC's..... The R1's and 05gsxr's are just going to dominate... However I will be in V8 with the TLR at the GNF for one last time... I really need to think about what to run next year... I love racing the TL but honestly there is no true HW twins class it can compete in or Vintage now... At every race this year and last between TLR's and RC51's I was the lone wolf... I still can't understand why the 675's are eligible in the HW twins class.... 1 they aren't heavy and 2 they are not a twin.. No chance at a smaller track or even Barber wrestling a 19 year old Pig against one... I would love to swap seats with someone one day just for a handling reality check...

VFR#52 likes this.
  4. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

Lets dooooo it. :D I'd LOVE to ride a well set up Race TLR !!!!! But in reality the 675's are the least of your worries when it comes to HWT

5. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Oh I am aware of that.... But they really need a class of their own or be kept in the B class..... They are not Heavy Nor a Twin..... Just venting.... Not just WERA but AHRMA as well...

VFR#52 likes this.
  6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

I hear ya. I was planning on running the 675 in AHRMA next year for a race or two actually. I guess the argument is that yeah they are neither, but they are grid fillers and they are no match for a proper HWT nowadays.

TLR67 likes this.
  7. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

Norms got one:crackup:

cajun636 likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I will see you there..... Definitely planning on Tally then Vintage fest.... That's all the racing the TLR will get next year.... Doing it for the Party!

V5 Racer and cajun636 like this.
  9. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

What does the actual age of the parts have to do with anything? Plenty of Vintage bikes out there with brand new parts on them. Plenty with low or no miles. The Vintage classes are based on technology jumps as much as anything else, so if a model had no changes for more than a decade what's the difference?

That and V8 is more an obsolete class than a true Vintage class. Same as 7 and even 6 to an extent.

I did consider making V8 a set of years - but even after all the clamor for the class and all the normal reasoning of "there are soooooo many riders out there with these in the basement and they'll all come out racing!" - guess what - no one showed. So what's it matter if it's a rolling 12 year line or just stops at 2005?

VFR#52, lanehammond and TLR67 like this.
  10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The TLR and RC never dominated anyway except in a class just for them (or fully superbiked against 750's) - not to mention no one is racing the things and didn't all that much even when brand new and there was money for the TL/TLR. Why in the world should we take them into account for rules now? As you said you're the only one out there, I can hook you up with our trophy guy if you want trophies :D

V5 Racer, VFR#52 and TLR67 like this.
  11. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If I remove the 675 then I'll remove both HWT classes. Allowing them is what has kept the class barely viable.

cajun636 likes this.
  12. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

So what class does TL fit in at ARHMA?
    It seems i may have a few if them laying round shop. Lol

Steven Isenhower #52

13. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Imagine that? Good for him.

Steven Isenhower #52

nhammond54 likes this.
  14. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Sound of Thunder and Battle of Twins.... I wouldn't say fit.... Just eligible... I would just want to experience Vintage Fest and participate one year instead of just spectating as usual...... Oh and represent the TLR on its 20TH Anniversary next year!!!

VFR#52 likes this.
  15. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Its got a couple already but the future is not looking bright.... :D

16. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

I'm contemplating selling my ZX10 just for that.

OK, not really JUST for it...but it'd be cool to have a machine that could still be competitive in the C classes as well. So I could do V8 HWT/MWT, CSS, CSB, BSS, and BSB if you wanted to. Not even counting the A classes.

VFR#52 likes this.
  17. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Do i remember correctly but wasn't it you who wanted this V8 class so bad and had a bike all ready to go race it?
    Them POOF you bailed after all those replies and sales pitch for class?
    Some how remember that.

Steven Isenhower #52

18. VFR#52

VFR#52 Well-Known Member

Hey now go easy. Lol
    TL is only Suzuki i even liked racing.
    S model was way better than R model.
    I even have 3 stashed away to build in near future for a race bike.
    Have No clue why either. Lol
    Even helped win a few endurance races on one back in 98 with
    1-800 Crotch Rocket team in Wera National Endurance series.
    But a fun bike to race for sure.

Steven Isenhower #52

19. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I'm not saying they're not cool bike - I love twins, which is part of why we still have the HW Twins class even though we shouldn't.

TLR67 and VFR#52 like this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Come to think of it, every motorcycle I have is a twin... Even my quad is a twin. :D

V5 Racer and VFR#52 like this.