1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage National Points update?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by El Skwid!, Sep 27, 2012.

1. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

yes we need to go/car pool and save some $ and drink some beer:beer:

2. 70yamahaR5

70yamahaR5 Well-Known Member

Email sent to [email protected], thanks!

3. rwood64083

rwood64083 Gifted as in 'DUHHHH'

You can't bring Dennis to the track with you. I don't think I've met him in-person (although he may have been the one flicking me in the back of the ear at last years GNF)... I'm afraid he'd try talking me into buying Italian, switching from Jack & Coke to beer, and targeting Dyle like a whack-a-mole :Poke: Not to mention that Gypsy curse that makes a racer not make it to the race track and afterwards ask himself [​IMG]

4. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

HAHAHA!!! Im no whack a mole....lol. Im way taller...:moon:

5. stickboy274

stickboy274 Stick-a-licious Tire Dude

No your not, and the mole is faster. You're in trouble.

6. Dyle

:D:crackup::Puke:

7. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

EBoz's Chinese language skills showing through.

8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Skwid that is an accurate statement. lol I find myself using grade school english so that it's easier for my translators to understand. If you get bored on your way to work try this. Mentally make a 2 sentence description of your race weekend and then try and simplify it using easier words and get it down to one sentence. Then simplify that and see what you get. For laughs here's a simple example all can relate too. Let's say a fine young lady sees me walking down the street in China. Her first sentence might be, Hey you big sexy american, I believe that I could provide a service that both parties would view as beneficial. Simplified one time you get, Hey Sexy how would you like to take me home with you? And simplied one last time you end up with, "Me love you long time" LOL And who says I'm not learning Chinese.

9. El Skwid!

El Skwid! Old guy, old bikes

So, you'll be bringng back a new 'Personal Assistant' when you re-pat?
    What is that in Mandarin, 'Hot Suky'?
    "American" is always capitalized.

10. GypsyRacing

GypsyRacing V7 Gypsy

Since we are giving English lessons......it is actually spelled....engrish....like it sounds.......lol.

Get it straight round eye.

11. Dyle

That is awsome. I needed a good LONG laugh. Thank you Eboz.
    :crackup::crackup::crackup::crackup:

12. ringdingding

ringdingding TWO-STROKE MILITIA

Looks like the National Challenge point tally doesnt show points from all regions, atleast not V2, F-500 and V3.

13. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

National Challenge Series is not the same as the Vintage National points.

14. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

As I understand it the vintage national championships are decided by:

GP classes and V1 thru V6lw. Top 4 finishes plus double points for the GNF.

V6 HW, V7MW and V7 HW. Top 6 finishes plus double points for the GNF.

Correct?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Correct - and thanks for the reminder because I need to get that part of the points program rewritten before the GNF... :D

16. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Whachu talkin bout willis?

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Need a little more info to understand you - what part is confusing?

18. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

I assumed that it was to rewrite it to reflect what Joe stated but then again I dont like to assume.......

This:

The Vintage National Champion will be the rider with the highest point accumulation in their class at the end of the year taking their 6 best finishes at any Vintage round throughout the year and adding it to their finsh at the GNF which will count for double points.

To something like this:

The Vintage V1 thru V6lw National Champion will be the rider with the highest point accumulation in their class at the end of the year taking their 4 best finishes at any Vintage round throughout the year and adding it to their finsh at the GNF which will count for double points.
    The Vintage V6 HW, V7MW and V7 HW National Champion will be the rider with the highest point accumulation in their class at the end of the year taking their 6 best finishes at any Vintage round throughout the year and adding it to their finsh at the GNF which will count for double points

How do you determine a champion if there is a tie in points after the GNF? I here you like pie, what flavor(s) should I have on hand just in case of a tie :D

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  19. 50Joe

50Joe Registered User

Higher GNF finish is the tie breaker.

20. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

?

So lets say rider 1 has 80 pts in v6lw and rider 2 has 74 pts in v6lw before GNF.

At the GNF Rider 1 takes 2nd and rider 2 takes 1st which means you both now are tied with 114pts....Your stating that Rider 2 wins championship?
    I understand that based on a better finish but would have thought there was another determining factor....

Mongo, care to clarify or comment?

Last edited: Oct 8, 2012