1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Machinery

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by CharlieY, Mar 26, 2015.

1. CharlieY

CharlieY Well-Known Member

I guess the other thread sat too long....

I just brought this Walker Turner 16" bandsaw home the other nite.:up: This thing is sweet....blade speeds from 50 to 3,500.....its in beautiful shape (as far as I know right now).

Cool story, a middle aged guy (Josh) and his Grandfather made sight adjustment tools for Glock (factory in Smyrna, near here). They did it all out of Gramps basement.....gramps died, AND the family is supposedly making Josh sell everything.

Nice Sheldon Lathe, Bridgeport plus 2 Enco mills, AWSOME drill presses (2), plus a bunch of small machines, and tooling out the ying-yang.

So far I've got a nice Dayton grinder with Diamond wheel, a hand made knurling machine, the Bandsaw, and a bunch of stock.

I'm considering the Sheldon lathe and one of the encos.

Anyhow, Just sharing, cant wait to put this thing to work!:up:

Attached Files:

2. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Hrm...how big are the Enco mills?

3. CharlieY

They are the small ones, model 105-1100.....he has procunier tappers on both Enco's.

The Bridgeport is beautiful.

4. CharlieY

I just sold my old Rockwell bandsaw in less than 5minutes. :up:

Elv, I'm probably gonna talk to the guy tomorrow about 1 of the Enco's and the lathe.

Not sure what you want but, I will be selling my Mini-Mill when if I upgrade to the enco. Its a mini-mill, I bought the belt drive to replace the plastic gears....but if it all works out I'll be listing this soon.....I'll make ya a deal...

If he still has both Enco's tomorrow, I could refer you to him if you rather have that.

Attached Files:

5. elvee

elvee Well-Known Member

Saw an ad on CL for that Enco then. He is only listing one of them, so it looks like he is taking care of you. Once you decide what you are doing I may talk to them. I don't want to step on any deals you are working.

6. CharlieY

That's probably his add....with the procunier, right? Funky 70's curtain in the back....

'preciatte that sir.....he posted 1 add for an enco, but has 2 of them.

Is the enco what you are looking for?

I'll talk with him soon and PM you and update.

If you can handle a Bridgeport, that thing is beautiful.

7. RIB333

RIB333 Well-Known Member

Nice find!

8. CharlieY

Thanx man!