1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage in modern

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by dave3593, Jun 3, 2021.

1. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

I need practice. I am planning on riding at Nelson Ledges this Sunday on my vintage bikes. Since it is an Enduro week end there are no vintage classes except V8.

I am planning on riding my RZ350 in D Superbike, Clubman and maybe F2.

I am also considering bringing my 1990 FZR600. Since it fits in V7MW I could bump into V8MW.

I am not fast but fast enough to not be a rolling road block. So what do you guys think? I am thinking the RZ is probably ok but what about riding the FZR up to V8?

2. evakat

evakat Well-Known Member

I can't see why your older FZR600 would not "qualify" for C superbike or C superstock?
    You will more than likely be mostly non competitive... by you should be able to get the laps you want.
    I am sure Mongo will chime in and let you know.

3. dave3593

Based on what's allowed in the classes, I think C would be faster than V8MW.

4. cyclocrossfool

cyclocrossfool Well-Known Member

V6HW too

5. dave3593

That's what I run it in when it is on the schedule.

cyclocrossfool likes this.
  6. dave3593

I went and had the only vintage bike that I saw. Good time and great watching others lines and seeing how low they can go without sliding out. Got passed plenty but was never a problem. The experience definitely gave me more courage.

JBall, evakat and cyclocrossfool like this.