1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Forum???

Discussion in 'General' started by boaide, Aug 10, 2000.

1. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

Would it be heresy to suggest that a Vintage Forum be given a try?

Ciao,

Fred

2. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I don't think it has been suggested yet but personally, I don't think it's a good idea. I think there are too few of us vintage buffs around to make it worth-while and secondly, the last thing we need is segregation. The more we ask for "special" treatment, the more likely we are to be treated as a minority... and that certainly has it's disadvantages.

If you want to punt around tips, tricks, tech Q/A's concerning vintage iron... become a member of the vintage roadracing organization. To subscribe, go to www.eurospares.com, follow the links to the motorcycle clubs run by Michael Moore and you'll start getting vintage flavored e-mails.

3. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Then again, just to make it easy I copied the instructions to save you some time and aggravation:

*How do you subscribe to these lists? As of 01 August 2000 I moved the lists from Sirius.com over to Micapeak.com, so be sure to use the new instructions that follow, since Micapeak uses LISTPROC instead of MAJORDOMO. Send mail to:

[email protected]

with no Subject: line and a message body consisting of:

SUBSCRIBE vintage-roadrace Joe Motohead

Replace "Joe Motohead" with your NAME - what people call you. NOT your e-mail address - what computers call you. Your e-mail address is picked out of the headers of your mail. This means that you should send all administrative mail from the same place where you initially subscribed, and will get all list-mail at that same address.*

4. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

<<I don't think it's a good idea. I think there are too few of us vintage buffs around to make it worth-while>>

You may be right, however, I sometimes find that it is inappropriate to post messages of little to no interest to the vast majority of the "General" forum users that relate exclusively to the Vintage series. I am a member of a variety of "Vintage" organizations including AHRMA, just thought it would be nice to have a sounding board related to WERA Vintage. By the way, I pit and generally hang-out with young guys who race in the regional WERA series (some of whom post regularly here), I'm not a Vintage ghetto guy. [​IMG]

Ciao,

Fred

5. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Ah... who cares? Maybe some of these guys may learn sumthin', like what an oil slinger or sludge trap is and how to set points correctly. [​IMG]

(C'mon guys... let the vintage jokes loose. I know they're building up and waiting to bust out.)

6. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

The only complaint I have is they are too loud. Come guys put some packing in that 20 year old muffler.

7. boaide

boaide Well-Known Member

I ride a 2-stroke and one of the advantages 4-strokes have is that you can't hear your own bike (for shifting purposes) when you are near one of the megaphone equipped 4-strokes (when riding a 2-stroke). They will never give up that advantage. [​IMG]

Ciao,

Fred

8. Happytrack604

Happytrack604 Well-Known Member

How about it Wera the great wannabee? If a vintage forum doesn't get used it can be canceled. There is no reason vintagiers couldn't post threads in general, but they have seemed a bit bashfull. I'll start a thread and see! Rob [​IMG]

9. wera122

wera122 Guest

We're all racers, we're all family, so all you Vintage guys feel free to post in the General section. You have just as much right to the BBS as you do to the track.

I have no problems with Vintage posts. My only problem is with Diesel. He's too stingy with those good beers! [​IMG]

10. Tracee Polcin

Winning races probally gives him a big head. Man what performance by Diesel in of of the Vintage races I saw Saturday. He lead flag to flag.

11. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

I promise to bring some good ones the next time. The one I was drinking was Keri's which was a gift from her friend so I know better than to mess with her beers. [​IMG] (She's a kick-boxer in case you couldn't tell).

[​IMG] Yeah, that was one of the hardest races I've yet had... not because there was serious competition (I was the only one in Classic Lightweight), rather I had a tough time trying to stay awake.

12. Tracee Polcin

ROTFLMFAO!!!!!

13. wera122

wera122 Guest

She's also a kick-ass woman turning wrenches on your bike and all. I need to get me one of those so I can spend more time drinking beer after the races!

14. Tracee Polcin

Come on guys, do you seriously want your better half hanging out with you all day. [​IMG]

15. Diesel

Diesel Well-Known Member

Not to mention the countless hours she spent at my lathe and mill... she did a great job and saved me a great deal of time!!

16. wera122

wera122 Guest

Let's keep your sex life off the BBS, okay Diesel? [​IMG]

17. Tracee Polcin

Damn fell out of my chair on that one. [​IMG]