1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage Bikes at Indy! (kind of?)

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by Wade Parish, Apr 18, 2017.

1. fireman343

fireman343 Well-Known Member

So cool! Are they gonna no to do it again next year?

2. Can-am

Can-am Well-Known Member

I also attended the event at Indy last weekend. It was one of the coolest events in the history of events if you are a motorhead. This is a great way to have a chance to ride some of the older bikes on a track again, but not in a serious race. The fans and other racers love seeing and hearing the vintage bikes at speed. This same group does 3-4 events with WERA each year. I ran my T500 with them down at Roebling in May. They will be riding there again in July and at Road Atlanta in September. If you have some of your older race bikes available and would like to give them a little exercise in a low pressure setting you should bring them out.

TLR67 likes this.
  3. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I hope so.... I sent the SVRA a E-Mail thanking them and they replied with comments on how the bikes were a awesome addition ect...

Wade Parish and fireman343 like this.
  4. Duck150

Duck150 Well-Known Member

Don't see it on schedule for Roebling this month ?

5. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Because HMGP isn't running at Roebling this month - just Road Atlanta in September. I of course could be totally wrong, it's happened before :D

6. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And I really wish I could have gone to Indy, the bikes are cool of course but the cars...wow.

Wade Parish likes this.
  7. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Words Pics and Vids cant describe it..... It was unreal....

8. Outsider V6 V7

Outsider V6 V7 Well-Known Member

Was a great event and thanks to Bill Brown making this happen. Bill, Linda and Sam resolved any issues, communicated with the riders and insured we all had a great time. Also like to thank TLR67 Mark for letting me hang with you guys all weekend. As for the riding, I will say, Mike Burns is a cheater, LOL but the best traction I've ever had on a track. Truly worth the effort to attend.

9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Good hanging out with you Eric.... The Slow Races on the scooters on Legends Row were Epic!!

10. Oldracer27

Oldracer27 WERA #27 expert retired

Hey, that was me, Greg, who took you and Bill for the nook & cranny tour of the Brickyard grounds!
    It was great meeting you, hanging out, and maybe next time we'll have all the gremlins worked out of Jim's bike.

TLR67 likes this.
  11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member