1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vintage at 2018 GNF?

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by JBall, Oct 20, 2018.

1. JBall

JBall REALLY senior member

Boom or bust? Who's going? (Anyone bringing some rollers?)

In for V5 and V6LW. Let's bring them out!

2. No Brakes

No Brakes Well-Known Member

in for v6lw

JBall likes this.
  3. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Doing my final race on the ol girl for V8 HWT. Tentatively sold to the next owner and I'm delivering it on my way back from the GNF. Gotta pull her hair one last time. :D

No worries, the replacement is already in the garage. :clap:

JBall and TLR67 like this.
  4. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

See ya out there!

JBall likes this.
  5. Waterboy

Waterboy Rain Man

V7HW on the TZ :)

JBall likes this.
  6. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

V8HW :beer:

Wheel Bearing and JBall like this.
  7. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I’ll be in for v8mw, I might enter hw as well I’m not sure though. If you see the blue/yellow GSXR 171 with the truck that needs a paint job come say hi! Should have plenty of beer and whiskey in the cooler for anybody who stops by as well as candy for truck or treating!

Last edited: Oct 21, 2018
    Wheel Bearing likes this.
  8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

V8 HW here as well as Senior SBK HW.. looking forward to it again.. planing on getting there Weds PM.. anyone need some Endurance help Thurs shoot me a PM.. I will be available...

9. Wheel Bearing

If you’re willing to work for beers and jack Daniels afterwards, I’m sure we could use a hand for fuel/fire extinguisher duties and such.

10. dave3593

dave3593 What I know about opera I learned from Bugs Bunny

In for V6HW and V5.

11. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I don’t drink anymore so can’t take your offer... but I can do either to help..

12. Wheel Bearing

We'll have room in the pit area if you're able to make it!

13. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Whats your bikes Number John? LWT?HWT? I will track you guys down Thurs before...

14. Wheel Bearing

#163, medium weight (ZX6). We'll have the 3 Marines Racing tent out on hot pit. The morning is going to be busy as hell and we'll all be scrambling around handling the registration/tech/practice but I'm sure we'll cross paths.

15. 90kacoupe

90kacoupe Novice seeking Help

I'm on the fence about bringing the RZ. I did a trackday at Tally this weekend, and it ran great. I'm just unsure of the condition of the bottom end, and I really don't want to destroy it. We will see. I also need to bend the brake stay. It was rubbing the tire.

16. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Cool I will roll down around noon or so... Bald guy.. Shades... Hopefully no Poncho....

No Brakes and Wheel Bearing like this.
  17. r1madman

r1madman Well-Known Member

Wow did I BLOW IT for V8 :crackup: Went out for the warm up lap and forgot to grid up...had to start from pit. All good. Still a fun race. For my opening season gotta say I had fun and I’m hooked. Great race everyone. Had a blast as always! Till next year :beer:

jrsamples likes this.
  18. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

Had a ton of fun in V8MW ended up getting second. I got around a bunch of slower riders in turn two after the start but kept getting lost in the chicane on the back straight. John James eventually caught me and passed me up for first place. John ended up finishing first but we had a hell of battle for first. SO happy I made the trek from Pittsburgh for my first GNF! Thanks John James for coming all of the way from California!!!

Looking forward to when my 09 GSXR1000 is eligible for V8HW. By then I’ll probably be able to ride it on the track without killing or scaring the hell out of myself.

jrsamples and VFR#52 like this.
  19. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I pitted next to John , Vincent and JC all weekend... great group of guys..

MC Motorsports and Kyle Brosius like this.
  20. Wheel Bearing

No reason you can't run the 600 in the HWT class! That's what I plan on doing next year.

Had several friends tell me "what a fucking idiot I am" for signing up for V8 HWT on a bike that was all but sold (I did deliver it and sell it Saturday evening on my way home.. lol). I definitely had "don't be a fucking idiot" bouncing around in my head quite a few times while out there so I pretty much just went out at a pace that was fun enough but leaving a very large safety margin.

Fully intend on showing up to the 2019 GNF with enough points to have a good chance with the V8 medium weight and heavy weight classes. :clap:

Kyle Brosius and jrsamples like this.