1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Video Games

Discussion in 'General' started by thiam1, Jan 19, 2001.

1. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I was reading Nicky Hayden's column in RRW last night (or at least trying to read it between outburts of uncontrollable laughter) and it occurred to me that I knew exactly everything he was talking about as he described his difficulties with the Suzuka racetrack. Then I realized why: I've been playing Ferrari F355 Challenge on my Dreamcast and the tracks are unbelievably realistic (I can't wait to get Playstation 2 when Sony gets their act together).

Now that I think about it, Jacques Villeneuve (and at least one other Formula One rookie I can't remember right now) have used video games to learn new tracks.

They sure have made a lot of progress since my first Atari game console. And I'm not even old! That's usually the type of statements fossils make. [​IMG]

2. Vetrider

Vetrider Active Member

If you think that's something, Get GP500 by Microprose and hang on for the Gaming ride of your life! It's a computer game not "KID CONSOLES" hahaha [​IMG]

3. Vetrider

Vetrider Active Member

Forgot to mention, the game is based on the 1998 Motorcycle GP season but theres an update to change all the bikes and riders to 2000 and 2001. Bike physics are realistic enough to rear steer the bike with power and pull turning wheelies. Check it out at www.GrandPrix500.com

[​IMG] other updates can be had here: http://www.gp500racing.com/

[This message has been edited by Vetrider (edited 01-19-2001).]

4. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

I've tried Superbike 2000/2001 on PC. It's very realistic, but it's so hard to play (how do you really simulate a motorcycle with a jostick) that it sucks the fun fun out of it.

Sony has a GP500 for the new Playstation.

5. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

I have played quite a bit of GT2 on the Playstation. Particularly Laguna Seca. I was ammazed at how accurate the track is when I saw a full lap from an on-board camera in a Panoz car. I just wished they had the southeastern tracks available in a game [​IMG]

6. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Is that Ruf CTR2 in GT2 sick, or what? My favorite car to drive for sure.

7. Roach

Roach Yamaha Catapult Tester

oooh, you don't. You use one of these. And it *rocks*
    http://www.ducati.com/shop/Product.jhtml?PRODID=33&CATID=6&currentCATID=2&currentSUBCATID=6&start=1

(just remember to calibrate it backwards to that you countersteer)

I'm serious - this thing is worth the money if you like playing games. Sean Jordan has one and mine has just been ordered.

- Roach

8. Hammer-117

Hammer-117 Well-Known Member

BullShite! That is what I drive (in the game)
    to Whoop-up on the racecars. I figure I'm doing something when I beat the racecars in a street car. Yeah, I know....I need to get a life [​IMG]

9. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

Cool stuff. I hope they make it for PS2. I'll definitely get one.

10. rwball111

rwball111 Well-Known Member

I beg to differ, the Toyota GT-One rd ver.(900+max hp of course) kicks major a$$ on all but the tighest tracks. [​IMG]

11. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

You guys need to get out more often. [​IMG]

12. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

No, you need a Playstation!!! [​IMG]

13. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

I always use the Nissan 2-door family car which is turbo charged with 287 hp, all wheel drive. Pump it up to 900+ hp, stage 3 race kit, and full slicks... It's almost unbeatable for me. It can take any track on without breaking a sweat.

14. vlwebdesigns

vlwebdesigns Well-Known Member

This from the pad man himself...?

15. MARRC11

MARRC11 Well-Known Member

I hope you're right - just ordered mine. What the hell, you can never have too many game controllers.

16. NewRacer

NewRacer Tina! Come get some ham!

Ducati website says it is PS and PS2 compatible. Guess I will have to order mine too.....

Looks awesome!!!

17. Tracee Polcin

Tracee Polcin Pic by IYF Photo

Hey gotta do something at work!!! [​IMG]

18. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

Thiam, you should also try EA's Superbike 2000. you can get it for the computer or PS2. Play that for a while, and you will know every corner of every track on WSB. It is very realistic. You can even play with the suspension settings of the bikes.

19. thiam1

thiam1 Guest

That's the one I was referring to. Played it once on PC: hard as hell. I'll give it another try when I find a PS2.

20. GSXRGUY

GSXRGUY Guest

Yeah, I was hoping that someone would come out with a good motorcycle racing game for the Dreamcast. Suzuki Allstaire has one, but its not as good as EA.