1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victims of sanctuary cities

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 600 dbl are, Mar 23, 2017.

1. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

i havnt said a word.. ive just begun breaking the spells. most have no clue the situation they are in, but the worst part is, they dont even know their own names! (spell bound)

2. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

3. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

you know the deal..

DO NOT STOP DO NOT DETAIN

;-)

4. sheepofblue

sheepofblue Well-Known Member

RICO would be a stretch but they are enabled the ongoing criminal act of illegal entry. Judge shop it like the liberals do and maybe add a couple of fifths for the right judge.....

Or try it in Guam before it flips over.

5. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

Guam is the 58th state.

6. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Again, my understanding is that you can't even bring a RICO case against those elected officials because of the 11th Amendment. You would first have to sue for standing, and to get a waiver on the 11th. Then if you got both of those through you could try and indict on RICO if appropriate.

7. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

overstand and overcome instead.

8. sheepofblue

I was actually implying the feds would be the ones doing the RICO charge which I think negates the issue with the 11th though your point is good and my clarity was sheeplike

9. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

Nope. The feds actually are restricted the most as a result. The 11th is really intended for federal charges, but has been used as precedent for cases involving "State" for lower government bodies as well. So there is actually more (not meaning likely, or even very possible) chance of local non-federal suits being filed than there is of Feds filing a federal suit or charge.

10. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Yeah, I wouldn't ever expect a suit to fly against an individual, it'd have to be against the entity of the city as a whole.

11. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

If it flipped over, would it be Maug?

badmoon692008 and sheepofblue like this.
  12. sheepofblue

13. In Your Corner

In Your Corner Dungeonesque Crab AI Version

14. Hooper

Hooper Well-Known Member

15. auminer

auminer Renaissance Redneck

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

I'd argue it most certainly is....but shit, we have a government NOW who is terrified to execute the law on certain persons already.

Just in the last week or two, a female State politician was (allegedly) caught tipping off illegals on potential ICE raids.....HTF, she's not in bracelets, charged and waiting for her bail hearing is beyond my comprehension. Hard to argue against the 'only the little people get arrested and charged with crimes' rhetoric.

17. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

Free speech trumps obstruction for the most part.

18. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

That doesn't apply when linked to a governmental function/LE plan.....OR it didn't used to.

19. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

This one pissed me off to no end. I get people in the community alerting people, and the apps and all that. But youre a fucking politician? What have you done to change the laws, rather than try to work around them? If all these sanctuary cities started a grass roots campaign to change the laws on the books, so immigration was easier to get, or whatever the end game is, then do it. Otherwise, stfu and enforce the laws.

XFBO likes this.
  20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

I was thinking more about people telling other people. Of course there is also the issue of non-citizens and any amendment applying to them :D

Even if official types tell others I think they're covered under the first but that won't help them keep their jobs and such.