1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Victims of sanctuary cities

Discussion in 'The Dungeon' started by 600 dbl are, Mar 23, 2017.

1. 600 dbl are

600 dbl are Shake Zoola the mic rula

The rape of the 14 year old in Maryland by the two illegal immigrants made me wonder. Can victims of crime committed by illegals successfully sue the city for its sanctuary city policies?

I know you can sue anyone for anything, and my class action suit against Mongo for trying to destroy road racing received no traction. I'm really just curious if the victims would have a solid, winnable case against the city? Aside from Trump wanting to remove federal funding from the states that promote sanctuary cities, if the victims started hitting the pocket books of these cities would they be more inclined to follow immigration laws?

2. R Acree

R Acree Banned

If their argument was based on logic, maybe. As is, the position is an emotional one,so probably not.

3. Pittenger5

Pittenger5 Well-Known Member

I was wondering that too, especially being that some government officials (not necessarily there) openly condoned illegal activities.

4. blkduc

blkduc no time for jibba jabba

I'm pretty sure a woman in CA who was a victim sued...er wait maybe it was her family because she was murdered? I'll have to google that. But I think it's going to start happening. People started suing establishments that banned firearms when they became unarmed victims of attackers and two states recently wrote legislation to make it easier for victims to sue in that situation. So if the gun free zone victim precedent has been set, why not sanctuary city victims too?

5. 600 dbl are

Isn't the liberal policy an emotional one? :p

I see your point. I really hate the "what if" game, but I have read stories where the criminals in question should have been deported or were already deported and returned to sanctuary city. It seems this would be the logical side of the suit. By not following the law, the city has enabled these criminals to continue what they do. Laws (in theory) are designed to protect its citizens. When these laws are not enforced, the citizens lose those protections.

6. R Acree

R Acree Banned

The law is secondary to the votes.

7. 600 dbl are

Stop ruining shit with your logic :Poke:

8. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

You know......some knucklehead a few months back gave me some shit about wanting ME to point out actual Democrat "policies" that either promote or directly result in the shitholes they (Democrats) are in charge of/reside in.

Clearly, this person had to be in a XFBO hating mood cuz reading the above, it would certainly seem as if he gets it after all. :Poke:

9. Fonda Dix

Fonda Dix Well-Known Member

Democrats will throw heaps of American children on the wood pile just create the optics that they care about their non-contributing, un-American foreign constituency. The Democratic party has turned their back on America and its women and children. Its that simple.

10. 600 dbl are

Yeah, I wanted YOU to defend your argument, and you failed. It's not my fault you were too stupid to point out the glaring obvious.

11. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Well, as we can see with their popular 'feel good' positions on Sanctuary Cities and Muslims....you can see they're moving onto other groups to secure their votes. They can't be too happy about some black Americans actually wanting to see Trump success, I mean how dare they walk off the reservation?

12. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Weak as usual.....you attempted to pull a false flag that I never used in any part of my argument.....God dang, you really are retarded. LOL!

13. 600 dbl are

:crackup:

Yeah, that's the response I would give too if I was just proven to be a complete fucking moron.

:crackup:

14. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

Boy, you got your Liberal 'wanna be rewriting history' thing down pat...... saying it over and over now won't change the words in that thread. Go reread your trainwreck position....if anything, your statement above proves the TROLL you truly are.....have a nice day just the same tho. :crackup:

15. 600 dbl are

Whatever you have to say to help you sleep at night is fine by me sweetie.

16. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

LOL.....answered as predicted, snowflake.

17. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

just a matter of time before these types of cases end up on the dockets. if enough people can hit these corporations where it "hurts" we may start to see some changes but its a very complicated situation.

biggest hurdle is that the organization responsible for creating the policy would be the same organization that would be in charge of the litigation for any action in opposition to that policy. the BAR.

18. deepsxepa

deepsxepa Hazardous

this seems interesting but i cant quite parse out exactly what your getting at. care to rephrase it?

19. wmhjr

wmhjr Well-Known Member

IIRC, there has been legislation attempted to allow this. Currently I believe laws preclude such suits. I know in January it was reported that a Colorado state representative introduced legislation to allow victims to sue representatives of sanctuary cities, and I thought it was being suggested elsewhere.

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

If you could prove that the sanctuary laws allowed the attacker to stay when without them they'd have been deported than I think you'd have a suit. If the local laws preclude the suit then go federal for the city laws violating your civil rights.

XFBO likes this.
  21. XFBO

XFBO Well-Known Member

:D You stirring the pot bro?

deepsxepa likes this.