1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Verified (Tested) beeb members who have or had Covid-19.

Discussion in 'General' started by Steeltoe, Apr 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mattology

mattology Well-Known Member

Hello, I was tested last Thursday, I still do not have results back.

Steeltoe, Shocker and SpeedyE like this.
  2. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Hopefully not using Chinese test kits. The kits China was sending to various countries were coming up only 20-30% sensitivity. Junk

SpeedyE likes this.
  3. mattology

I was tested by nose swab that was ridiculously painful, and Quest Diagnostics is handling the analysis or testing lab portion whatever...

i still can't believe i dont have results back in over a week. my symptoms are pretty much gone, but i still have a pretty wicked dry cough once in a while.

SpeedyE likes this.
  4. SpeedyE

SpeedyE Experimental prototype, never meant for production

I got tested w a q-tip in the back/roof of my mouth. Testers looked Terrified, doing what they were doing, (over and over and over, all day).
    www research tells me to trust the symptoms, not the test, and act accordingly until symptoms are long gone.
    Good luck.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2020
    Gorilla George and turbulence like this.
  5. Steeltoe

Steeltoe What's my move?

In that case I hope you got a positive and can coast through it!

SpeedyE, Ducti89 and turbulence like this.
  6. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

My ol' lady says they can tell pretty much immediately from a lung CT scan. She has seen many positives, but not many serious cases. At this point her main job is triage and early care of positive patients. I'm on easy street....flying a bunch of empty planes to empty airports, staying in empty hotels.

Stay positive my racing friends!

IMG_0829.jpg

vizsladog, ChemGuy, L8RSK8R and 10 others like this.
  7. SpeedyE

Your wife and her coworkers/medicals/etc are Brave Heroes!

8. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Yeah, the CDC recommends two samples, one oropharyngeal and one nasopharyngeal. if they aren't jamming that qtip to the back of the nose and just swabbing the area your finger picks, they aren't doing the test right.

Here's a little excerpt from a medscape article...
    Test Accuracy
    Walensky noted that the COVID-19 test now being used in hospitals is only 70% sensitive for negative results. "Therefore, we're doing results review for every patient we take off precautions from the hospital to make sure they're not a false negative."
    She clarified, "We believe the test is pretty good if it gives you a positive result. We think we can trust that to say the person really has the disease. But if it gives a negative result, the reported sensitivity of that is only about 70%."
    One reason for this, she said, is that there can be a sampling problem if the clinician doesn't stick the test swab far enough into someone's nose. "Second, as patients get sicker, the virus migrates from the nasopharynx to the oropharynx and into the respiratory tract. We don't know, when it migrates down, whether it has left the nasopharynx."

K51000, SpeedyE and Newsshooter like this.
  9. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Heard they were employing this same technique in S. Korea (I think?) to immediately check people for this, it was a device they could use out in the field quickly on people. It would show if there was any 'ground glass opacity' in their lungs....immediate tell tale sign.

BTW, have you heard anything about the big 3 extending any of their FF programs to next year seeing as how no one is flying to maintain status?

10. Gino230

Gino230 Well-Known Member

The blood test is the only real accurate way of telling. The swabs give false negatives, and the chest CT won't pick up someone who has no symptoms. Not science but just based on what my friends are seeing in the ER.

As far as the airlines, I have to tell you, I don't see the big 3 coming back anywhere near their original size. The $Billions the government is giving them basically pays the salaries for a month or so- even after they wave the green flag on this COVID deal, demand is not going to come roaring back- they will have to borrow a shitload to get flying again, and United and AA are already loaded down with LOTS of debt. I don't know as much about Delta's situation, but they are debt loaded too.

AA is already talking about leaving their entire 737 NG fleet on the ground and only flying the Max- whenever that airplane is un-grounded.

I would guess they will do whatever they can to keep whatever loyal customers they have- so the FF stuff has a good chance of being extended.

Pixelator, SpeedyE and tony 340 like this.
  11. mattology

Hello , received my results at 0400 today, negative.

casjoker, BROsiah, L8RSK8R and 11 others like this.
  12. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Blood serologic testing not perfect either...
    While the test has been around for years, this testing has just been adapted to covid and literally is brand new.
    Many viral illnesses are not diagnosed or ruled out by serologic testing because of their limitations in certain circumstances.

Again a little blurb...

Negative results do not rule out infection; antibodies might not have had enough time to form or the virus could have had a minor amino acid mutation in the epitope recognized by the antibodies screened for in the test. False positives can occur due to cross-reactivity with antibodies from previous infections, such as from other coronaviruses.

Results from antibody testing should not be used as the sole basis to diagnose or exclude SARS-CoV-2 infection," the labeling states

However, the attractiveness is the ability to get a result in 15-20 minutes and can be run in any lab.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
    SpeedyE likes this.
  13. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

Thanks for the heads up.

Broome mentioned in the other thread that apparently Delta is carrying things over into 2021
    https://www.wsbtv.com/news/local/at...-skymiles-program/M4D4SUR3MRECVNLCSS27PPH2YY/

United had better follow suit on this move or I'm gonna be pissed.

SpeedyE likes this.
  14. SpeedyE

I got phone call last nite, negative.
    I still feel like shit, many symptoms, very labored breathing is the only symptom giving me concern. Havent had a noticable fever in a bout a week.
    If i am negative, i think i got walking phemonia or something. whatever, lol

I have very elderly lady in the house, imma continue on w/ gloves/mask and avoiding contact/areas in home, and stay in house/basement.

L8RSK8R and Steeltoe like this.
  15. SPL170db

SPL170db Trackday winner

It kind of makes you wonder, and not trying to make people worry, in fact it would be better if you have it and have a light case and get over it and now have the antibodies.

But realistically speaking, you are more likely to have COVID-19 than the seasonal flu at this point for several reasons I would think.

1 - flu season is winding down now
    2 - there is no herd immunity to COVID. With the regular flu, between herd immunity and people who've gotten their flu shots, the likelihood of passing COVID around is far higher. Vox made a good video that shows this a little easier to digest graphically (in the youtube thread).

K51000 and SpeedyE like this.
  16. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

This is kinda my thought... and would lead to a quicker herd immunity. But... I understand it would overwhelm the medical system.

I see the worst of the worst, short of the medical examiners...

17. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Wonder if you can write yourself for the blood test, surely, you’ve had it long enough to start developing antibodies...

SpeedyE likes this.
  18. SpeedyE

I have a low-IQ :( I read your post but do not quite understand .... Thank you sir!
    I been sorta sick for 5 weeks, lack of breathing/lungs started 2 weeks ago. 100-102F fevers ended a week ago approx.
    eyes still painfully burning, lymphnoids in throat still size of chicken eggs, throat tight, massive/daily headaches/stomachaches-stabbing pain, ice-picks in my eardrums 24/7, blah blah blah.
    Test is neg, mom says i have phemonia.
    ????????

My fears are for my mom, and people in population/others.
    Thank you

19. HPPT

HPPT !!!

No, what you have is low self-esteem. Quit beating yourself up so much at every opportunity, man.

20. JCW

JCW Well-Known Member

Maybe check to see if the hospital or lab near you is running the blood test for IgM for covid (serology) if your suspicion is still high that you might have it.

In the meantime, keep hydrated, sleep, and rest.

SpeedyE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.