1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vent, and advice request buying new truck...

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, May 25, 2019.

1. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Has production ended on the truck you want? Is the supply limited to what’s currently in stock? You should be able to find the truck you want and either fly and buy, or let your local dealer ship it in.

2. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

just configured a 2019 one... a touch under $46,000 with the basic diesel, light bar, and trailer brake on Chevys site.
    Apparently the diesel is not available in 2wd config... unless they stopped offering it?

3. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

Hahahhahahahahahja
    The only options for a manual truck these days are...Tacoma, Frontier, Ram 2500/3500

Theducatiman and TurboBlew like this.
  4. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

And Gladiator :D

ducnut likes this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

I believe, only the 4cyl in WT trim.

TurboBlew likes this.
  6. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

At the upper end of Colorado/Canyon options, I’d rather have the Gladiator at the base end of their options.

7. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

I take my comment back about the 2wd offering... only on certain body types on the colorado.
    reconfig'd in a 4dr 2wd and it was under 40 with a tow package.

8. Theducatiman

Theducatiman Well-Known Member

7700lbs with the Diesel

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TurboBlew likes this.
  9. baconologist

baconologist Well-Known Member

I said trucks.....

10. Chango

Chango Something clever!

I thought they discontinued all manual Colorados, even the bare-bones, stripped down models.

11. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

News to me.

Attached Files:

12. SuddenBraking

SuddenBraking The Iron Price

All joking aside, the Gladiator is more capable from a towing perspective than any of those competitors. And to your point, once the Sport and Sport S start hitting the lots, you'll be able to get into one for $40K or less.

ducnut likes this.
  13. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Despite their cost, people sure are buying up the Gladiator. If I had $40K to spend, I’m taking the Sport(S) over a loaded out Colorado/Canyon. And, I’d even entertain the 2.0L, if it were going to be a Jeep. But, at that pricepoint, I’d rather have a full-size Ram(?). Thankfully, I’m broke, so I don’t have to deal with such a stressful situation. :D

SuddenBraking likes this.
  14. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

That rare why would they deal? Your choice is either pay up for what you want or change options.

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  15. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

I've given car advice on here many times. From a dealer that sells 800+ vehicles per month, when someone is so unrealistic with their budget for their vehicle of choice, most dealers don't waste their time. As the OP stated, they'll just focus on people actually coming to the dealership to do business or the rest of the pool that they have a chance on.

BigBird, Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  16. Spooner

Spooner Well-Known Member

Hey now, I was just responding to RD400 as he mentioned his son was looking at one. :crackup:

rd400racer likes this.
  17. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

Hey @Kris87 aren't you a Ford dealer?

18. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

And Dodge. Great dealership.

Kris87 likes this.
  19. Kris87

Kris87 Friendly Smartass

Yes, Ford & CDJR

20. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

So for once I pay off the Ho - you guys ever get any TJ's with blown motors? Need an excuse to drop in an 8 :D