1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vent, and advice request buying new truck...

Discussion in 'General' started by zx6rfool, May 25, 2019.

1. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

I needed a slap to the face and the beeb delivered. I want a z71 diesel for 35 OTD, idgaf about any features, base is fine, every diesel seems to be fully loaded, stickers of 42-46. I might be able to swing it, but trying to negotiate on Memorial day weekend, dumb move. Why haggle over the phone or internet when you are gonna get a ton of foot traffic. Brandon, PM incoming, I could use a few days off in a sunnier location anyway.

To the beeb, yall like USPS, deliver.

Theducatiman likes this.
  2. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Mr. Broome NAILED IT! extend your range, even if you fly to the dealer, and drive half way across the country home. pick a weekend fly out pick up the truck, drive home. make it a mini vacation. as you said, you don't care about resale, you are not buying to sell it later... GET WHAT YOU WANT, DONT SETTLE. find the diesel, get the diesel, these things cost too much, to not get what you want/need. the colo/canyon with the diesel, with the right driver, fuel, tune should net over 30 mpg empty. I have it's big brother with a banks intake, and tuner, and get over 20 mpg empty REGULARLY. and ours is not deleted, nor do I care to go that route. don't let people tell you, you MUST DELETE, to get performance and fuel economy, banks has proved you don't need to go this route, cons outweigh the pros, unless you are a coal roller. Ski

3. 83BSA

83BSA Well-Known Member

I never understood, and still do not, the sales philosophy that "to make your numbers, you have to sell a lot at the end of the month." What is necessary at the end of the month is first and foremost a function of what happened, or failed to happen, at the first of the month. Every sale within a month, or quarter, counts the same, regardless of when it is made.

I understand and agree with Brandon's approach: sell, sell, sell, and do whatever it reasonably takes to sell, whenever to whomever. Anything less is a partial sales philosophy.

Cheers,

Dave

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  4. Theducatiman

Theducatiman Well-Known Member

My point exactly! We can’t sell 100 cars just at the end of the month. To track for the month we need to average 11.3 cars every day. So everyday is as important as the next. “End of the month” or “Big Holiday sale” are all sales tactics. If you want your best deal you need to do your research first on exactly what you want and contact a few dealers. Sales price or discounts do not matter. The out the door price is what matters. If I sell you something for $1 but have $30k in fees, so be it, your at 31k out the door. If there are rebates then you get them, no matter what and they are by your zip and county.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gorilla George and ducnut like this.
  5. ducnut

ducnut Well-Known Member

Except, Banks doesn’t offer anything for these trucks.

Deleting one doesn’t make it a coal roller.

Curiously, EU markets don’t have DPF, get fantastic fuel mileage, are more dense areas, and their stuff is reliable. As progressive as they are on some things, I’m surprised they’re not more strict.

My employer has over 1300 Class 8 semi-tractors of mixed brands and powertrains. The emissions systems are the number one headache and maintenance expense. Everyday, multiple trucks go down with issues, on the road. A DPF system captures particulate, to only burn it all out and put it into the atmosphere, anyway, especially during regeneration.

6. rd400racer

rd400racer Well-Known Member

Doing anything I can to dissuade somebody from buying a Chevy :D

sharkattack and Gorilla George like this.
  7. turner38

turner38 Well-Known Member

For what its worth, when I was truck shopping last winter Donahoo Chevrolet had the best deals. Looks like they have 22 Colorados ranging from 27-44k.

8. skidooboy

skidooboy supermotojunkie

Yet.

for the current gen l5p motors that have been out since mid 2016 for the 2017 model year, they just came out with their derringer programmer, idash gauge, and the cold air intake this past fall. and it is a beaut… 525 hp over 1000' lbs of torque, no signature in the ecu/ecm, safe, emission's and carb approved too. Gale knows his stuff, they will bring stuff for the baby dmax too. Ski

ducnut likes this.
  9. evomach

evomach Well-Known Member

Typical salesman math. Ramble off a bunch of numbers and slide in an extra $999.00 for yourself.

badmoon692008 likes this.
  10. Theducatiman

Who cares how the math works? As long as my final out the door price what you can write a check for is lower than everybody else, what does it matter?

pscook and Gorilla George like this.
  11. HPPT

HPPT !!!

Unless it's rare because it sucks. :D

StaccatoFan likes this.
  12. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

You're numbers were: Sale of a $1 plus $30K in fees would equal $30,001. You then stated the price was 31K. He was joking that you are a typical shaddy used car guy adding an extra $999 for yourself.

13. Theducatiman

I meant $1k obviously

But I forget, I’m a dirt bag because I sell cars for a living.

14. ClemsonsR6

ClemsonsR6 Well-Known Member

We all got what you meant.....we're just busting your chops man.

15. Theducatiman

[emoji106]

16. zx6rfool

zx6rfool Stacks Wood

Thats my deal, I dont like to haggle, I have a price, Im willing to be fair, I will show up with a cashiers check and pick it up today. But, soo much traffic this weekend, the next sucker will be by in a min. So Ill wait a bit longer. I really do want the diesel.

ducnut likes this.
  17. Theducatiman

Send me What you were trying to do.

18. StaccatoFan

StaccatoFan My 13 year old is faster than your President

Good move...buy the truck you want!

I'd be interested in your review/impressions of the truck once you've had it for a while, too.
    I'm not in the market for a vehicle, but that mini-Duramax is pretty interesting to me.

19. TurboBlew

TurboBlew Registers Abusers

for strictly informational purposes... does the colorado diesel come in a manual transmission configuration?? :D
    It still has a 7500lb tow capacity?

20. ryoung57

ryoung57 Off his meds

Dealers get incentives based on how many of a certain vehicle they sell each month. I can remember doing STUPID deals on F150’s because the dealership would get paid back, say $500 per truck, all the way back to the first truck they’d sold. If that number is 50 trucks, and towards the end of the month the dealer is at 47, they can lose money on each of those last three knowing they’ll get be getting $25k from ford if they hit the mark.