1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vendor for Bridgestone Slicks?

Discussion in 'Information For New Racers' started by Knolly, Dec 15, 2017.

1. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

So I haven't ran slicks on a bike for a long time so I'm pretty out of practice on how to track down non-DOT tires.

I'm looking for a good source of Racing Battlax V01F and V01R. I found Motomummy seems to sell them but... that's about it. Surely that can't be the case right? I have no problem with Motomummy, I'm just shocked at how hard it is to come by these tires.

2. kman0066

kman0066 Well-Known Member

http://stickboyracing.com/ has got what you need. Most? of us buy our race tires at the races and not online, so maybe that's why there isn't a big internet presence for race tires.

Knolly likes this.
  3. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

Thanks!

That's a really good point about getting them at the races. I'm just a track day schmuck and would rather be overprepared.

Also only now do I realize that I'm likely going to go through $600+ of tires per weekend (one front and two rears). Holy crap, my old Ninja 250 days spoiled me.

4. Phil Wilkinson

Phil Wilkinson Well-Known Member

Joe @ Turn one racing http://turnoneracing.com/ got me the Flintstones when I tried them out .

While I can't say it was the best service in the world, he can still get them for you

5. Kurlon

Kurlon Well-Known Member

If you're in New England you can also get them via Miles at Street and Comp.

6. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Unless you're really fast and always running full race pace, or on a super abrasive track, that sounds like waaaay more wear than will actually happen. At least in my experience.

7. Knolly

Knolly Well-Known Member

I don't have enough experience with Bridgestone slicks to know, but a Pirelli rear would last me maybe a track day and a half this last season. I'm a slow schmuck but my bike had about 240-250hp at the wheel, which is probably just a lot to ask from a 190 rear tire. I probably could get a bit more mileage out of a 200 rear but I prefered the feel of the 190.

EDIT: That was on a Ninja H2, and I'm picking up an H2R for 2018 so I'm just expecting it to be worse.

8. badmoon692008

badmoon692008 Well-Known Member

Fair enough... Then that's probably accurate... Heavy bike with stupid power will eat up tires pretty quickly...

Knolly likes this.
  9. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

Stick is the Man......

10. dobr24

dobr24 Well-Known Member

If your running that slow of a pace go to a Q3. They are quite a bit cheaper than a slick and have plenty of traction. You wont feel so bad chewing them up.

11. JD138

JD138 Member

I'm Joe from Turn One Racing. I'd be happy to get you set up with anything you need. Pmed

12. gpstar748

gpstar748 Well-Known Member

We race the VO2 Bridgestone slicks in world endurance. Always run the soft except at Suzuka which is SUPER abrasive...then we solely run mediums.

I’ve used a rear at LeMans on a third stint...meaning it already had nearly 2 hours on it...it was smoked by the end of that but still useable and not dangerous. But a front and rear are definitely good for 2 hours of straight riding.

Phl218 likes this.