1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V8 at roebling

Discussion in 'WERA Vintage' started by sportracer07, Mar 4, 2019.

1. Wheel Bearing

Wheel Bearing Professional low sider

Sold it after the GNF last year because I have a ZX6 for the endurance bike and it made sense to get on another ZX6 for the parts compatibility. I will NOT miss hauling around 3 sets of each ZX10/6 wheels!

Gonna be a middle weight guy this year.

2. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

That stink but makes sense maybe I’ll borrow a 600 we still have a half a lap at barber to battle out lol

3. Wheel Bearing

No doubt! I'll throw my 600 in the HWT ring for that.

4. sportracer07

sportracer07 Well-Known Member

Cool looks like we have a few guys in v8 hw but nobody in v8 mw. Thats cool maybe i can actually get on the podium if nobody else enters lol....

5. Wheel Bearing

I hope not. You can count on me sitting next to you if I happen to be at that round if nothing else.

I can say with complete honesty that battling Lane in the V8 HWT championship at the GNF in 2017 was easily my most memorable racing moment I've had with WERA. He caught me sleeping off the line, took off, and I have never pushed myself on a motorcycle as hard as I did that day. We were swapping positions at every part of the track until he crashed out in T5. I swear I was going to die going into, and coming out of every corner. It would have no doubt been a photo finish at the line. That race is the kind of stuff that keeps me gridding up and doing this, racing on an empty grid isn't much fun. I forget what other classes we were gridded up with, but I do remember setting the fastest lap of that race out of all the classes on the grid.

I do like the V8 class because we're all a bunch of cheap fucks, there is definitely a point where more $$$ buys you better spots in the C and A expert classes. I haven't seen anyone that uses race fuel in either V8 class...that's what I'm talking about. Hell, half the time, James Roth and I make a mutual agreement that we'll both race on take offs because we're cheap...LOL

If I can get the same excitement from racing at way less cost, it's a no brainer. Same reason I'm looking for a CRF100 for some mini bike racing.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    VFR#52 and Kyle Brosius like this.
  6. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I'm in on that!!

Wheel Bearing likes this.
  7. sportracer07

Tlr67 who do you guys get your take offs from if you dnt mind me asking. And roughly what does a set of take offs go for?

8. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I don’t buy them... I use my own till they slip then buy new... cost varies on condition and tire type.. usually $100 a set ... I may be wrong on that though.. I am sure others will chime in.

9. sportracer07

Do you guys run your slicks after the (dots) tread markers are gone, will they pass tech with no dots left. Sorry im new to wera.

10. drop

drop Well-Known Member

Wera don't tech tires. Which they shouldn't . But if you think your tire is to wore out to race, then change them. If not for you, for the guys your racing against....

TLR67 likes this.
  11. Kyle Brosius

Kyle Brosius Well-Known Member

I’m so excited for Grattan, that’s the only thing keeping me riding that damn exercise bike every day.

I think people who ride bicycles and run for fun have something wrong with them mentally.

TLR67 and Wheel Bearing like this.
  12. Dyle

Dyle Glad its a new year!!

V7MW here for RRR cya there

13. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Maybe we should have a go with the V8 guys just put more bikes out there...

Dyle and TLR67 like this.
  14. Dyle

Get your kinks worked out?

15. Mongo

Mongo Administrator

The corner workers let us know if someone is running tires that are too old/worn. It usually sounds like "Turn whatever to control, bike XX is down, rider up and okay" :D

Dyle, drop and Wheel Bearing like this.
  16. Kev59

Kev59 Well-Known Member

Yep. Fuel pump went bad. I replaced the cut off relay as well.
    Haven’t had time to replace my left shoulder yet...

Dyle likes this.
  17. TLR67

TLR67 Well-Known Member

I know that feeling today!

ToofPic and Dyle like this.
  18. Derf1278

Derf1278 Member

I'll be running v8 HW on Saturday

19. sportracer07

Looks like 5 or 6 in hw how many mw? How many races do u guys normally enter per wkend. Just the v8 classes or do u run other classes as well.

Dyle likes this.
  20. Dyle

Always bump up if you can.