1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

V7 MW 1998 Honda F3 Race Ready!

Discussion in 'Bikes for Sale' started by Kyle602, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Kyle602

Kyle602 Well-Known Member

Selling my 98 F3 track / racebike.
    New race upper / lower fairings and front fender ( have extra body work usable but rough )
    Full Hindle exhaust.
    F4 Instrument cluster / gauges
    Lightweight lithium Battery.
    Braided lines.
    Fully Wired.
    Thermosman forks.
    Ohlins shock.
    Sprung for 190lb rider.
    NRC stator cover.
    Fresh oil change (Motul 300V with 1 track day )
    New Carbone Loraine front pads.
    Have both 5.0 "and 5.5" rear wheel set-ups.
    Michelin tires have just a couple of track day sessions on them ( currently has the 5.5 rear with 180 / 55 )
    Purchased this bike from Howie Bryce in Oct. 2014 and have only had the chance to ride it a couple of times but it really is very well set up and runs excellent!
    Asking $2500 with both rear wheel set ups, $2250 with only the 5.0 rear wheel.
    If more pics or info are needed please contact me.
    Thanks!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
    VFR#52 and duck62 like this.
  2. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

I bought this bike from Mike Burns. It was my understand this was a 636 motor.

cajun636 and VFR#52 like this.
  3. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

oh so tempting even if its a Honda:Poke:

cve318ti and duck62 like this.
  4. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

It is a fast bike. I had just had the forks redone, and a lot of new parts, exhaust etc before I sold it. Detabbed the frame and everything. My torn retina appeared the last weekend I rode it at CMP. If that had not happened, I would still have it and the bike Norm has. Someone will get a great bike for sure!

5. Jesse Williams

Jesse Williams Need more track time! Always!!

I am interested. Is it for sale.

6. cajun636

cajun636 Honda Junkie.

You know you want it. Come on, you've painted enough Hondas to know they are the bees knees

7. Kyle602

Yes it's a still up for sale.

8. gpracer15

gpracer15 Built to Ride

Maybe if i could trade paint work for it [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Jesse Williams

Here is my only issue and maybe some of the guys on this post can help me make a decision. I'm an old school CMRA racer out of Ok and Tx, and after a move to Indiana I'm planning for a return to competitive racing with WERA and go race all the "big boy" tracks that I've only seen on TV. So my first bike purchase is going to be a track day bike that I can use to learn the tracks, travel distance, accommodations, blah blah blah.
    So, Im fast. I only want to go fast and I (fortunately) have an God given ability to pull my ass back together and narrowly miss the morr disastrous. But I do throw it down the road here and there. Not big damage. My ratio is 4 to 1 low sides to high sides.
    Im concerned about availability of parts, cost of parts and making changes to those parts at the track. Im not talking major stuff. If I crush it I'll either be concerned with mortality or need to take a breather, go home and regroup/by another bike.
    Thoughts?

10. lanehammond

lanehammond Well-Known Member

we race these bikes and have countless parts.. the things we alway try to stock up on is front wheel can sometime be hard to come by for decent price anyway. f4/cbr 1000 body work fits with a few mods.. all and all pretty cheap not hard to find parts.. one thing I would say a must is a back up set of carbs.. the o rings that connect the fuel t to the carbs can wear out and cause massive leak and takes a while to fix on track... the only place these bikes aren't cheaper than getting a newer one is building a race motor
    V7 mw is always looking to get new faces on the grid

11. Jesse Williams

Thanks for the advise but I actually came across the very same 99R6 that was my first road race bike . Found it in Texas. Long drive but I'm thrilled to have it.

12. billyfondren

billyfondren Member

Bike still for sale? If so, where are you located?

13. Kyle602

Hi,
    Yes bike is still for sale, located in Tallahassee Fl.

14. billyfondren

billyfondren Member

Bummer, too far away. Good Luck.

15. Kyle602

Bump
    Bike has only seen one track day since the original ad, still rips and ready to go!

16. Kyle602

Race season is near..., this bike is ready to go!
    Price drop to $ 2250 for bike with both rear wheel set-ups and all spares or $2000 for bike with stock rear wheel only and spares.
    Can deliver to any JGP event or within reasonable distance from Tallahassee Fl.

17. GreyBeardMotoRider

GreyBeardMotoRider New Member

I’m super interested and live relatively close by.... PM Sent.

18. Kyle602

Replied to PM

19. Kyle602

Deposit received, will update again when sale is finalized

20. duck62

duck62 V7 Scooter

Good deal!